Free 3-d cad software *seems legit*

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
hacker311
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Free 3-d cad software *seems legit*

Post by hacker311 »

I got this from Sorcerer0554 over at slickdeals, so all the credit goes to the OP. I'm posting it here to give everyone a chance at the free software and to speed up the registrations, because 100,000 have to register by August 1, 2005 for anyone to get a copy. It is only up to ~34,000.

Here is Sorcerer0554's post:

"X-CAD has promised to give away FREE Mechanical Design Software. According to their website:
"When 100,000 people register, you will receive directions via e-mail to download the free software.

Spread the word and get your free 3D CAD software faster � tell all your colleagues and friends to register too!

It's the best deal on 3D CAD software for mechanical design, period. Own one of the most powerful parametric solid modelers on the market FREE when 100,000 people register by August 1, 2005.

Everyone who registers will get the X-CAD product for FREE � but only if 100,000 people participate. So, spread the word and get your free 3D CAD software faster � tell all your colleagues and friends to register too! "

http://www.x-cad.net/

There has been research by Ralph Grabowski, a prominent CAD journalist who claims that this is a legitimate site, and not a spam harvester: (http://worldcadaccess.typepad.com/b...cad_mystif.html)

I signed up; what does a couple of minutes cost ya?"
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

dunno what it is... but hey i signed with my spam-email, won't do any harm i guess...
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I signed up as well...with my spam email :D
I also have no idea what it is, but love free stuff!!!
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

if it works any where near as well as autodesk inventer/mechanical desktop ill be extremely happy...save me a few thousand dollars...$5,195.00 to be exact

and if your interested to know more about the type of program it is...click here

all it really is is a 3d drawing program, not like 3dsmax, but kinda like sketchup ( http://www.sketchup.com )

only with the autodesk inventer, you could make more than 1 part, and put them together in an assembly and make them "work" together...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
navi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by navi »

I registered
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

interesting...
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

interesting...
I registered
EDIT:
Current Registrations
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Done.

Current Registrations
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Done

Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

And if you want something like 3D Studio Max, check out GMAX. It's free, and professional quality. Very similar to 3DSMAX, even in interface and I think compatibility.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

So what, this is going to be free also.
MrSiggler
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by MrSiggler »

I also signed up for this when this thread first came up ;)
And the counter was at 70k .. now it's at 80k. Hmmm :)
Last edited by MrSiggler on Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

974 to go!
neoak
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by neoak »

Received the email....
Hi Sebasti?n,

Thanks to your participation in the X-CAD 100,000 Seat Giveaway we have reached the goal of 100,000 registrations early!

Some of you may not have heard, we announced on Wednesday that Alibre is the company behind X-CAD and X-CAD is Alibre Design Xpress, the newest member of the Alibre Design product family.

As of August 1, Alibre Design Xpress will be available to all for free. But, as one of the first 100,000 to register, you're getting a little more.

For you Alibre Design Xpress will include all the features listed on the new Alibre Design Xpress site, plus:

* Advanced part modeling, which includes features like shelling, 3D sketch, reference surfaces, etc. View the Alibre Design brochure on our web site for the full part modeling feature set.

* Create and edit assemblies with up to 25 unique parts. You can open an assembly with more parts in read-only mode.

* Create 2D drawings with standard orthographic views. All drawings are fully associative: you change the model and the drawing updates.

* 3D import/export of all the standard formats Alibre Design supports, including STEP, SAT (ACIS), and IGES. DXF and DWG are supported in 2D, and STL is supported for export.

All free versions of Alibre Design Xpress require an Internet connection and will display a banner of Google ads through a built-in web page. No third-party adware is installed on your system. If your Internet connection is lost we have taken steps to ensure that you can save your work. The Internet connection requirement can be turned off for a small fee.

On August 1, you will receive instructions on how to download the software. We had hoped to release it to you sooner, but given the nature of software development, we are in the final stages of quality testing. At this time we expect all to be ready for the August 1 release.

This is truly the best offer for parametric 3D CAD software available anywhere. When you get the download instructions, please complete the steps to download and install Alibre Design Xpress right away. The special offer you get as one of the first 100,000 expires on August 31, don't delay.

If you are no longer interested in Alibre Design Xpress and would like to be removed from all future email communications and eligibility for the extra features offered to the first 100,000 registrants, you may Unsubscribe here.

This isn't the end, there will be additional valuable incentives for engaging with us over time, so I encourage you to stay opted in to our email communications and participate in the short surveys and contests. We won't abuse your email address, we stand by our privacy policy and if you opt out, we won't send you messages.

Best Regards,
Greg Milliken
President and CEO
Alibre, Inc.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

So do we have to be online while using it?
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

it's the 1st, anyone receive how to download it yet?
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

This message contains graphics. If you do not see the graphics, click here to view.

Hi Jose,
Alibre Design Xpress is now available for download
Thanks to your participation in the X-CAD 100,000 Seat Giveaway, we reached the goal of 100,000 registrations!

Your license for Alibre Design Xpress includes the following extra features in addition to those listed on the Alibre Design Xpress site, plus:

Advanced part modeling
25-part assemblies
Extended import/export options
You will need to activate your Alibre Design Xpress account with this email address to receive the correct license key: [edit]
Activate your Alibre Design Xpress Account
Please go to the Account Activation page on the Alibre Design Xpress web site to get your user name, password, and access to your license key ? and download your copy of Alibre Design Xpress.
Thank you for your participation and we hope you enjoy your new 3D solid modeling software.

Best Regards,
Greg Milliken
President and CEO
Alibre, Inc.

This email as sent to: [edit]

This email was sent by Alibre Inc.
1701 N. Greenville Ave, STE 702, Richardson, Texas 75081
http://www.alibre.com | phone 972.671.8492 | fax 972.671.8493

Our Privacy Policy | Opt Out of Alibre Design Xpress Registration
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Yes, I received the email to dl, but since it's a rather large file and I have a slow computer, I'm going wait til later tonight to dl.