Help needed with photo viewing programs

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help needed with photo viewing programs

Post by Cid Highwind »

I've been trying to use my DC as a picture viewer, because our DVD player is too slow to display them without me getting frustrated for the pos taking 10 seconds to put a picture onscreen.

I've been trying DCviewer, DISS and Slide Show.

So far Slide Show is the best one, but I couldn't get DISS working with DCHAKKER, so I'm going to burn the CDI to give it another test.

One problem I ran into with DCviewer and Slide Show was their inability to display my own camera's pics correctly. I'm using a Sony camera (DSC S40) and I took pictures at the highest quality (4megapixel -> 2304x1728 )
DCviewer took the upper left quarter and displayed it 4 times, and Slide Show displayed the left half and the right half was blinking black and white garbage.

I read the readme's and Slide Show said the following:
* View large JPEGs (up to 8192 pixels in x and y dimension)
I suppose it means that my resolution should be supported.

And I couldn't find any useful info on this problem in DCviewer's readme.

Does anyone here know of this problem and has any solutions? I'm thinking of tuning down the resolution to 2048x1536 ) since it doesn't have problems with lower res pictures. Also the pictures do display fine on PC and DVD player.

Any advice would be appreciated.
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
baron of badness
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by baron of badness »

You could try dcplaya 2.0. It's jpeg viewing is good although you can't zoom or move the pic around.
Iron in the soul!!