Will you be buying a Nintendo DS and/or Sony PSP?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.

What are your plans for the next batch of new handhelds?

I would like a Nintendo DS
59%
I would like a Sony PSP
5%
I will buy both
15%
I will buy neither
21%

Total votes: 39
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Will you be buying a Nintendo DS and/or Sony PSP?

Post by The Kron »

Any thoughts on the next wave of handhelds?

Nintendo DS with Pichtochat and Metroid demo $149.99, November (USA and JP) Early 2005 (PAL countries).

Sony PSP no bundled software 33,000yen ($300), December (JP) Early-mid 2005 (USA and PAL).
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

PSP still looks uncomfortable. I trust Nintendo more, they know what there doing with handhelds
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

both. Why not?
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

I'll most likely pick up the two of them.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

The PSP is going to have to have some extremely good exclusives before I am tempted into buying one - I've already bought a bunch of my music on 3 formats now and would rather not buy a fourth for it to be compatible.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Neither
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

i'm buying nintendo ds first no doubt will wait til e3 06 before i even think of getting a psp, because if the rumor gbe for 06 is true i do not wanna be owning a sony handheld

also my ds has been on preorder for a while now :) happy it 149 :)
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Neither. It's stupid to be releasing new handhelds when the current generation is still doing so well. I guess I can't blame Sony since they don't have any share of the handheld market... but Nintendo... BAD NINTENDO... BAD BAD!

- Fuzmeister
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

Nyarlathotep wrote:The PSP is going to have to have some extremely good exclusives before I am tempted into buying one - I've already bought a bunch of my music on 3 formats now and would rather not buy a fourth for it to be compatible.
they'll probably be a "workaround" when it is released by homebrewers to play MP3s and the like... don't wanna sound like the "bad" guy on a predominantly anti-Sony board... but if i had to choose i'd get a PSP.

but then again i haven't bought a system since the dreamcast... so i probably would buy neither!

i'm starting to lose my interest in gaming... i dunno if i'm ever going to buy another system... i think i'm becoming "old-school" for our era... sticking with the 16/32/64 bit generation...
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

As of now neither. DS seems to have more potential, but I havent seen anything yet that makes the most of it. And even then, I just dont play handheld games enough to make it worthwhile. I only really play handheld games in short bursts so anytihing that requires a lot of time to devoted to it (advance wars, rpgs etc.) I don't play, cos I just wont. And when I'm travelling I prefer putting on my music and reading a book.
SinTex
Admin Goku
Admin Goku

Post by SinTex »

I will be getting the DS & maybe just maybe the PSP but only if me mates do & there is some damn good game to justify it.
I am the hope of the universe, i am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace.
I am protector of the innocent, i am the light in the darkness. "I AM TRUTH".
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

As a collector, I will eventually aquire both, but until that PSP drops significantly, the DS will win my money this year. Hell, I didn't pay that much for any of my consoles, let alone a portable.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

BoneyCork wrote:And when I'm travelling I prefer putting on my music and reading a book.
exactly :!:
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

If I buy one, it'll be the DS. If I want something more general-purpose/powerful, I'll buy a GP32 with a nice fat MMC card; at least that has standard media and an extant homebrew scene. PSP seems to largely be Sony trying to lock everyone into their media, and the current game mentality seems to be "port hot games from PSX/PS2" while Nintendo seems to be attempting something more innovative.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

ya cause nintnendo cant really port much from 64. i mean casuse the n64 library is pretty small... so it has much more room for game developers to have to depend on something new and inovative to capture gamers
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I will buy the DS. As of right now I see nothing the PSP has over the DS whatsoever. Neither in terms of hardware, or games.

I might pick up a PSP from eBay in about 5~10 years since I like to have all consoles..
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I'm not really convinced about the PSP at all. According to Sony Computer Entertainment president Ken Kutaragi the PSP is expected to be played in the home and that's no good to me. I'm still expecting it to be pricey and the battery life to be crap.

I'm not 100% convinced about the DS either but it is certainly the more attractive option of the two and the one I'm most likely to buy. I'll be more excited once I've seen some decent, innovative ideas for the dual screens.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

DS all the way baby!
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

I'll be getting a DS for sure. I'm still not sure if I'll get a PSP or not.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I will probably get a Nintendo DS. Im not too thrilled with the games it will come with, but then again I was expecting it to cost $150 with no games, so its still good. As for the PsP, it has showed nothing that interests me. Also it seems it costs twice as much and has no bundled games.

Im hopeing they have a DS with no games for like $100 or something, cause I seriously doubt I will ever need the com software nor will I like that Metroid Game.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665