ZCP&D, ZERO, & HeadTurner

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

ZCP&D, ZERO, & HeadTurner

Post by Dr.Kno »

OK, I know what your all gonna say, but you think that were all bull. Fine, think what you want. Anyway, were still working on our game. We just switched over to a new format and were playing around with a software called Game Maker 4.5, ever heard of it. we just lost three programmers after all the hell we went through with the a6 shit and all the hell we got from the developers from this site. But, we will be releasing an online game if I have to give my eye teeth to do so. Give us some time, were trying our best. new screens will be posted soon, thanx,

were also going through name changes, our name will be changed to possoibly one of the ones above. ZERO brings too much controversy.

Dr.Kno & J. Twiggy
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: ZCP&D, ZERO, & HeadTurner

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Dr.Kno wrote:Anyway, were still working on our game. We just switched over to a new format and were playing around with a software called Game Maker 4.5
Just so you know, and before you spend too long learning or creating anything, anything made in game maker will not work on a DC.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

I'll give him points for persistence. ;)
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dr.Kno »

Really, well, what I need is some experienced developers to help me with DC development. What software do I need? What software is the best?

How does this Quake Development work. Ive seen it a million times, "make your own DC games with Quake. How does that work? Can I make online games with it? Because I lost my best programmer, I'm going to need help, If you please. But FYI, Ive said before and i'll say it again, were focusing on online PC games, then we will make a deal with a team to port it to DC.

Then why am I at this site. Because I LOVE THIS SITE and I love the DreamCast and want to help keep it alive. But you cant walk before you crawl.

TTFN
Ze_ro
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ze_ro »

If you're interested in programming the Dreamcast, then go to the Programming Forum. Specifically, you'll want to read this topic, which is a sticky in that forum. Basically, you need to learn C or C++, and use GCC to compile code that will run on the Dreamcast. If you don't already know C or C++, then you have a long road ahead of you.

Making your own game with Quake isn't really that great an option. Unless you're REALLY good at screwing around with Quake, the best you can do is to make another FPS that is not quite, but not entirely unlike Quake itself. Although I'm not fully versed on the capabilities of RadQuake, I don't think there are any Dreamcast ports of Quake that support internet play.

--Zero
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dr.Kno »

Hey Dude, I didnt know you were a ZERO brother. Welcome to the team, and thanks for the tip!
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

?

I must say, I've been lost on a few of your posts. How old are you, Kno?
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dr.Kno »

Hey Willm me and you share the same first name....Jynx!

Hey dude, I am 17 years old, and my buddy J.Twiggy is 18. Were just teenagers, but we want to get started in programming games. I think this is the first nice post you have put up about me, thanks. So why do you ask?
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dr.Kno »

P.S., I already have a game finished made with game maker, and will be releasing it sometime soon. I want to contact Nintendo about putting it on GBA
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

get serious, youre 2 days late for april fools...
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Very enthusiastic indeed. But, like many others have said, learn C. You can't go wrong with that if you want to be serious. :wink: