Should be an XBOXEMU and DCEMU contest.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Chuck D. Head
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Should be an XBOXEMU and DCEMU contest.

Post by Chuck D. Head »

Think all the best devers of both scenes going head to head to see who produces the more technically impressive programs or games.

Programmers and artist could divide into dev teams and see which console and dev scene can outprogram the other.

This will produce interest in both scenes, and create quite a buzz.
It can be a year long project, with weekly or monthly update post required to tell the progress of the project.

The winner will be the king of dev scenes, and loser will have to hang the winner's banner in defeat.

Either that or have a ConsoleVision Vs. DCEmulation contest.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

We would loose. They have around four times the processor speed to use, four times as much memory to work with, and uses mostly the same hardware as a PC. They basically don't have to worry about memory management, about pushing the graphics hardware too much, or about writing extremely efficient code. Not to mention the fact that the Xbox can do some graphical effects which are completely impossible on the Dreamcast. Oh, and they could just take some DirectX demos and port them. We'd need to write everything from scratch.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Actually, we'd probably win if the rules stated no use of illegal SDKs :wink:

Its still a horrible idea though.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

way to put him down nicely nyar...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Dr Wily wrote:Actually, we'd probably win if the rules stated no use of illegal SDKs :wink:
Probably, unless they used Linux. However, they'd loose the ability to use the 3D hardware then, I think. Then we might have a chance.
Chuck D. Head
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Chuck D. Head »

Its still a horrible idea though.
Plain and simple it is. O foolish me for posting such a stupid question. Call it my newbie mistake. Do not worry, next time I should ask about the feasibility of a GameBoyAdvance Emulator, or N64 emulator.

Now this topic should be allowed to die quietly.
kapasemi
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by kapasemi »

ya....i kinda have all the snes games loaded into my x-box hard drive...and it works almost flawlessly, that being said id still go for DC, cause it kicks so much :rumpshaker: haha, DC FOREVER