diffrent kinds of roms on one disc

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
infinite-nothing
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

diffrent kinds of roms on one disc

Post by infinite-nothing »

i was wondering if i put .nes files .smc files and . smg files on one disc can i use that disc for all my emulators

i mean can i put a nes rom and a sega rom on the same disc and use that disc with nester to play the nes rom

this save me a lot of discs
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Ralphis »

If you mean multiple emulators on a disk im pretty positive the answer is no
infinite-nothing
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by infinite-nothing »

no i mean diffrent roms for diffrent emulatos on one disc
say for example i start up DreamSnes i and i put in a ROM disc with snes roms and sega roms if i only pic they snes roms it will still work right
i would test it but im low on cds and cash

also does anybody know if you can use those little 300 mb disc
i would rather use those for smaller librarys of roms
Proveaux
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Proveaux »

You can have different games on the same disk.
You can also burn DCGrendel's Dreamcast Demo Loader (DemoMenu) with your emulators and roms on the same disk, if you know how to selfboot.
Find DemoMenu @ http://www.dcvision.com/. Look under Needed Tools.
Go to http://www.dcvision.com/proveaux/, if you want patches to separate your games better.
Last edited by Proveaux on Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

Actualy you can put multipul emulators on one disc with DemoMenu. You can also use your roms cd for multipul emus, ie: put /games & /roms & /SMS_Roms on the same cd.

EDIT-proveaux you beat me to it ;)

Zac
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yes, it works fine. I used DemoMenu and put Nester, SMEG, DCGen, DoomDC, a couple of utilities, a load of roms, and maybe some more stuff on the one CD, booted it and they all work fine. Just make sure you do put ROMs for different systems in different directories!
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

See, I don't get it. One dude comes on talkin' 'bout iso's. Then another comes on talkin' bout roms. Both are "WAREZ" Yet you look the iso post and not the roms.

Maybe my brain is just kaput.
"Ya shouldn't a done that, he's just a boy. Poor little feller."

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

When people mention Roms and Iso's doesn't mean they are Warez. it could be homebrew games.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

U.S.MALE wrote: See, I don't get it. One dude comes on talkin' 'bout iso's. Then another comes on talkin' bout roms. Both are "WAREZ" Yet you look the iso post and not the roms.
the Mods lock topics that are against the rules of the forum. I would recommend if you haven't done so you actually read the forum descriptions on the index page. It tells you what is allowed and what isnt...
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

It is my belief that this site cares about not pissing off Sega, and doesn't really care too much about pissing anyone else off.. So basically, ISOs are a no-no because they piss of Sega (ISOs -killed- the dreamcast. Totally, 100%, they did).
U.S.MALE wrote: See, I don't get it. One dude comes on talkin' 'bout iso's. Then another comes on talkin' bout roms. Both are "WAREZ" Yet you look the iso post and not the roms.

Maybe my brain is just kaput.
Wicked Wizard
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

what up

Post by Wicked Wizard »

Don't listen to u.s. male.
I've seen some of his other posts and he is a retarded retard.
Another thing i don't get is why everyone gets allPussiedOut about warez.
who gives_A_FUCK. Warez are the_shit so i don't see why people act like_bitches when they mention them.
I'm all up for them and say_FUCK_the government and their piracy laws.
only retarded_gay_morons would give_a_shit_about what the governmet and their_gay organizations think.
Get some_fucken_balls_and tell the authoritys_to_suck_you_dick_and_lick_your_balls_man.
BTW i didn't know you there was a program to put all the emus and roms in one disk but i'm gonna give it a try.
Dark Realms , where angels are diminished and evil lives in all glory.On the throne of the Ancient Castle of Darkness is where i sit , in the devinity of death and the wicked.
Wicked Wizard
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

hey

Post by Wicked Wizard »

it wasn't love the government and their piracy laws
it_was_f#ck_the government and their piracy laws.
it was also supposed to be retarded_retard.
and whatever is weird it's because it's a "Naughty" word
and in this_fagat_site you can't say "Naughty" words.
what_a_bunch_of_shit

yes_i_must_say_f#ck_shit_ass_bitch_shit_smelling_whore_yes
now i feel better.......................................................
La Locura del diablo assesino comiendose a los ninos en las noches.
Dark Realms , where angels are diminished and evil lives in all glory.On the throne of the Ancient Castle of Darkness is where i sit , in the devinity of death and the wicked.
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

oh and I'm the retard? Ok......
"Ya shouldn't a done that, he's just a boy. Poor little feller."

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

ISOs -killed- the dreamcast. Totally, 100%, they did
Warez did not help the DC, that's for sure. But what really killed the DC was that not enough people bought it. The sudden existence of warez for the DC in the Summer of 2000 didn't even spark much in the way of sales for the unit (most people weren't able to acquire/burn the images). What really killed the Dreamcast was a lack of people willing to buy the console due to the impending PS2, XBox and GameCube consoles. The "wait and see" attitude killed the Dreamcast. Couple this lack of hardware units sales with the fact that few developers wanted to support five hardware platforms (the four consoles, plus PC) and Dreamcast was at the top of the "abandon" list. This is why the XBox is so attractive - it's essentially making for three architectures, PS2, GC and x86/Win32 for both PC and XBox.