Max Payne broke my computer

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Max Payne broke my computer

Post by El Dokteer »

Before i installed... it was much more stable than any computer i've ever used. then i installed it... and it asked me to update my Geforce drivers. So... I updated em, and restarted. Then, half the programs on startup crashed. Max Payne does not respond. Help!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Bill Gates was complaining one time WAY before the xbox had come out saying that games on consoles are selling better then PC games and they couldn't understand why.

Well right here is the exact reason. I had to get rid of Everquest because it was not compatible with my ATI all in wonder card myself (after the updated to luclin graphics that is). When you go purchase a xbox, dreamcast, ps2, whatever game you put it in and it works. No having to update drivers and screw other program up, no worrying about *oh is my video card compatible and/or good enough*.
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

stunning. I uninstalled Max Payne and now my comp is more stable than ever. Heh. well, i'm gonna redownload/install DirectX 8.1, and Nvidia Detonator XP.
Kami

Post by Kami »

Max Payne is a great and it should not be missed out on. :D
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

damnit... crashed. ok. is Max Payne really worth the effort?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I got that game I didn't care for it. But I don't like the Tomb Raider Style games. If it had been a 3D shooting game like Castle Wolfenstein I would have loved it though.

Its also on Ps2 and I think Xbox.
TrendWhore
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TrendWhore »

its the Detonator XP drivers. they cause lots of problems on lots of machines.

i had the same problem when i got Dark Age of Camelot. Ended up corrupting my Win2k install all to hell.

i highly suggest 2.1.8.8 drivers. nvidia released them on 9/27/2001.

and no, max payne is too good of a game to nuke your box :P
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

Where can I find those outdated drivers? the CD that came with the video card has generic VGA drivers :(
TrendWhore
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TrendWhore »

well, my link to them is gone. ask on shacknews.com
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

i did not like max payne at all its kinda a lame game maybe im just getting to old to keep up with the new trends in gaming i thought that game was a lot of flash and not really well done its basicly the same game i have played a 1000 times before on my computer now halo thats a great game far better then max payne
TrendWhore
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TrendWhore »

dreamcaster1 wrote: i did not like max payne at all its kinda a lame game maybe im just getting to old to keep up with the new trends in gaming i thought that game was a lot of flash and not really well done its basicly the same game i have played a 1000 times before on my computer now halo thats a great game far better then max payne
well, max payne isn't even a first person shooter. so why you're comparing it to one... **shakes head in anguish**

max payne is a great game. nice engine (not because of the bullettime), detailed graphics, good modeling, well laid out maps, and most of all: they hit the story angel they were going on directly:

pulp fiction (the style of writing, not the movie)

but please, please, please. if your going to compare one game to another, compare it to something from the same genre. what you did was like comparing super mario bros 1 to out of this world.