Best DC You've Never Played

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
IUG-13
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best DC You've Never Played

Post by IUG-13 »

I am just starting this list to see what people think is a good game that no one has ever played. I want to extend the life of my DC, so I am gonna buy a lot more games based on these suggestions.

My suggestions are Fur Fighters, Toy Commander, and Legacy Of Kain:Soul Reaver.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

heh, well some picks for the "fairly obscure but strangely fun"

Space Channel 5 - yeah, you've probably all heard of it, but never played it. Its fun in a parappa kind of way. And Jaguar has the best intro to any game character *ever*.

Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX - it might be Tony Hawks poor cousin, but theres nothing like having someone land on their head from a 20 foot jump, and having their BMX crush them.

Super Runabout - kind of like Chase HQ mixed with Crazy Taxi and Driver. Quite a laugh when you've got your head round the weird physics and controls. Plus you get to ride on a pig. :o

Tech Romancer - 3D Capcom beat 'em up which is just mechs that look *suspiciously* like more famous mechs that Capcom dont have the licence to (I definitely saw Gundam and Giant Robo in there) beating crap out of each other while destroying the city. This game is definitely under rated.

All of the above are available dirt cheap where I live (why I bought them ;) ) and are all worth a buy if you have a boring weekend coming up - you'd probably get most 'play' out of Dave Mirras, unless Tony Hawks spoiled its controls for you, but they've all got a fair few hours of fun to be had
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

Ooga Booga is pretty good. You've never played anything like "Boar Polo"....

Although it's hard as hell and only good if you have a keyboard, "The Typing of the Dead" is a very unusual, unique game that's definitely worth a look. I mean it though, unless you are a damn good typist, you will have problems with this game....
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

me gonna play legacy of kain a bit

Post by Angel-Sephiroth »

me gonna play legacy of kain a bit, nothing like impalate the vampires
aka Rhianor;
aka xxx666xxx;
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

Re-Volt is good (as long as you don't pay that much money for it).

Mr Driller is the most addictive DC game ever.

I also agree that Toy Commander is highly underrated.
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
Kami

Post by Kami »

I@N wrote: Mr Driller is the most addictive DC game ever.
I second that. Super Runabout was also a cool game.
Oz
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Oz »

Wetrix is an excellent time killer. The basic idea is to form structures that can hold water out of tetris style peices. Once you get into it, its all about strategy and its really addicting.
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SurXes »

i played Legacy O f Kain: Soul Reaver [PSX] its a good long game but hardly no replay value
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
Angel-Sephiroth
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

psx its not a dc

Post by Angel-Sephiroth »

psx its not a dc, you don't know what you miss
aka Rhianor;
aka xxx666xxx;
volumefx
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by volumefx »

Its not dc but Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time is absolutely super. :D
-Walks and chews gum at the same time.
Craig
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Craig »

I think that Pro Pinball Trilogy (UK only) is a good game, something very little Americans got to play :cry:
Life is so Lame, Which is Such a Shame
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Toy Racer is a great 4 Player game, its in the same series as Toy Commander, but I'm not sure if it was released in the US.

Namco Museum is also pretty cool.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I would probably guess a lot of the late import games like Shenmue 2 and Headhunter might be a pair that only the hardcore might be willing to buy. I would definitely have to second the Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. The graphics are vastly improved over the PSX. Another few would probably be Evolution 1 and 2. Although they aren't of the calibur of Grandia 2 or Skies of Arcadia, you cann't beat the amount of game play for the money. You can get both Evolution 1 and 2 for a total of $20 brand new. Also, another game lost in the shuffle would be Record of Lodoss War. Referred by many as the Dreamcast's version of Diablo with its point of view, it is still a neat game that you can pick up for anywhere between $20-$40 new not to mention its anime pedigree.

For the truly diehard and creative, I would definitely recommend Dreamstud!o. It is an adventure/rpg maker that allows you to save your games to the vmu. There are several finished games out there (however it appears that they are all Japaneese), but if you want more games this gives you the ability to make your own. If I didn't have to work for money, I would sit at home for 40-60 hours just busting out games with this baby. It will run you anywhere between $50-$60, but there is a great guide on gamefaqs that bypasses any language barrier and more websites are popping up with info on this.

Perhaps another game that looks pretty good but will get missed by many will be Conflict Zone. Originally entitled Peacemakers (or Peacekeepers), Ubisoft finally released this baby about a week or 2 ago for only $19.99 and it is a NECESSARY game. This is the only RTS game to come out on the Dreamcast stateside. Even the Saturn had Warcraft 2 and Command and Conquer. However, with a 3d aspect, it sounds quite nice and the scores have been alright (somewhere between a 7 and 8). Other than that, I really cann't think of anything else.

In my oppinion, I would say buy it all. What it would cost for 1 brand new game for any of the other next gen systems, you could buy a couple of great games.
ScruffysApricots
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ScruffysApricots »

i found puyo puyo DA much more fun then space channel 5 - easier too...
i never could understand why, in mr driller you dont just drill straight down to the bottom...couldnt see where the gameplay is supposed to be....
tech romancer is a rare gem in DC arsenal, also bangai-o
sonic shuffle,rush2049,worms and ultimate fighting championship are all still played a lot
she on a morto cycle - AmadeusZull
Matt Average
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Matt Average »

A couple of other games would be Sword of The Berzerk, which was pretty fun, and Typing of The Dead, which can get addicting. That's a real time killer, with a lot of stuff to unlock and blow up.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

SAMBA DE AMIGO!
That game rules! I dont have the maracas tho :(
But I could always get them from lik-sang....but the postage will probably kill me. :|
gonzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by gonzo »

Grandia2 : I've spend more time enjoying this game than even zelda or secret of mana.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

My favs are:

Sonic Adventure

D2 (slightly generic acting, but fun once you get the battle system down)

Phantasy Star On-line (I bet it would be more fun if I had the US version instead of the jap version..I can't go online with it)
Ali G
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Ali G »

volumefx wrote: Its not dc but Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles In Time is absolutely super. :D
i agree - i play this online with friends a lot! any final fight rulz aswell -

i need more fighters!!!!!!

sega make zull a 2d new streets of rage - with kick ass graphics plz - or capcom make new final fight - i already enjoy the gba 1 - make me ps2 1 -
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Veggita2099 wrote: My favs are:

Sonic Adventure

D2 (slightly generic acting, but fun once you get the battle system down)

Phantasy Star On-line (I bet it would be more fun if I had the US version instead of the jap version..I can't go online with it)
Yeah, but everyone has played those games! :lol: With the execption of D2, that is.