Zeldoom

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Zeldoom

Post by Ralphis »

Well, I've been reading over the forums for a while now and as the creator of Zeldoom I've realized that there was actually a lot more interest in it than I knew. I'm interested in continuing work on Zeldoom in cooperation with the Zelda, Doom, and DC communities but it's hard to do this as a one man show. If anyone is good working with textures, sprites, blah blah blah then drop me a line at Ralphis SFR6 on aim or Ralphis@zdaemon.org . Thanks guys, maybe we can get a NXdoom exclusive version going with the cooperation of the coders.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Quite possibly. What sort of stuff does it require (dreading the answer)?
mmnpsrsoskl
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by mmnpsrsoskl »

Well, Ralphis, nxDoom is basically a vanilla doom engine, IIRC.

So you'd have to change all teh ZDoom things back to vanilla.

Though, you could still do a lot of the stuff :)

I'm interested in helping :)
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Ralphis »

That's why I said I would need a little bit of cooperation. Maybe some specialized support for certain changes that can't be done dehacked style. The main help I'd need would be texture/sprite help. First off I know nadda about editing graphics and when I do, they come out horrible.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Well, I can add quite a few new features into the engine. nxDoom already supports some DeHacked thingies that other engines don't support, because I needed them to get certain mods working properly, especially Batman Doom and WolfenDoom.

It depends on what stuff from ZDoom it uses. I could probably incorporate some of it into nxDoom (although most likely not all of it), or do the same thing a slightly different way.
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Ralphis »

Why don't you look at the hexen source and attempt to figure out the ACS (zdoom also uses it). Of course, you'd have to support hexen map format as well. Probably a lot more than I make it sound.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Well, ZDoom is mostly based on Hexen, not Doom, whereas nxDoom is based on Doom only.