Best RPG/ADVENTURE on DC?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best RPG/ADVENTURE on DC?

Post by SpiderW »

What is the best RPG or adventure game on DC?
I have PSO and Evolution but I am looking for a game that has a FF style (or size) map with heaps of different towns and cities, I want a PSO style battle system... Or anything original but turn based (errr....) will do. And a story of the quality of the original Phantasy star series....
And most importantly days (not hours) of addictive gameplay!

Can any DC game live up to that? If not just tell me the verry best RPG and adventure games on DC so I can decide what to get for Xmas!
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

Grandia 2 is pretty traditional, yet has an amazzingly new fighting system, one of the best.
Skies of Arcadia is sweet!!!

you miss these games your missing a lot!
leboaoug
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by leboaoug »

Skies of Arcadia, no question. The only game close is Grandia 2 because it has a cool battle system. Try them both.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Yes yes , Grandia 2's battle system is fun as hell....heh so fun i rane towards the enemies...Definitely a must buy considering even now the DC games are dirt cheap
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

TOPIC MOVED to DC Discussion

I kinda liked Evolution myself... if you did too theres a sequel out you might want to consider, but I haven't played it myself.

RPG wise you could do a lot worse than getting yourself a copy of DreamSNES of course ;)
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

if you are into importing, check out sakura taisen series. the first two are remakes of the saturn versions and the third is a brand new dc game. they are strategy/date sim games, so theyre a little different from the norm.
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Skies of Arcadia... well, maybe I shouldn't talk, I hadn't really played an RPG since Phantasy Star, except for a couple of FF demos.

Nearly finished with it, I'm going to feel rather empty when it's over with...

...but I've got Shenmue II waiting in the wings to fill the void. Phew!
ag3nt0rang3
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by ag3nt0rang3 »

personally i would say the quality of Dc rpgs is a bit stale. They all have the same look to them and the progression of the games is textbook format. This doesnt say that some arent somewhat.....addicting despite the boredom factor such as PSO for instance but if i had to choose a best out of them i would probably say of what ive played Skies of Arcadia which offends me less than most of the others ive tried.
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

hmm...

Post by SpiderW »

I heard Grundia 2 was like evolution, I hated that game cause it was too damn repetative, even moreso then PSO, continuely going through random generated doungens to pay a debt is shamefull :oops:
Now, Skies of arcadia and Grundia 2 look like my choices, but out of all the DC games (preferable RPGs and with clear graphics - not Playstation conversions) you guys know of, what has these atributes...

1. huge map with lots of towns to explore
2. Charicter creation (create the actual charicters looks etc)
3. Good storyline
4. is verry hard
5. Has cool looking boss's which you begin to hate as the game progresses
6. has an original battle system
7. Has non cartoony charicters
eclip5e
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Sakura Translations

Post by eclip5e »

One of my buddies from school is the translator (ala fansub) for the Sakura Taisen series of RPG style games for Sega systems. His are the best, if not the only complete ones on the web.

http://pages.cthome.net/Kayama/faq_frame.html
Kayama's Sakura Taisen Translations
Check them out.
/usr/bin/perl -e "$b="fdmjq5f\@ddt.ofv.fev";$b =~ y/b-z/a-z/;print"$b\n";"
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Xmas is near.....

Post by SpiderW »

:cry: Xmas is too close, I guess I'll have to go get Bomber man online or Sonic Adventure 2 or somthing like that...
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

Grandia 2 is old school, but actually has a plot unlike evolution... Time stalkers is ok....but then agian not great
Skies of Arcadia is awesome, i just started playing it, ITS ONE OF A KIND!!! SWEET AS F*CKING!!!........maybe not that great
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

EW
EW
EW
Time stalkers is the worste rpg ive played recently
:P
Yes grandia2 is damn good......
/WhtCastle
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

I know what I am getting :)

Post by SpiderW »

I think I'll go for Bomber Man Online, I think that multiplayer games are better then RPG's cause RPG's only last a while and you cannot sit down with a group of mates and have a lough while playing an RPG, I am just hoping I get at least a quarter of the fun I got from Powerstone 2, that one is definantly the best DC game!

Now, does anyone know where I can get Bomberman Online withing Australia?
det0x
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

best adventure game

Post by det0x »

personally, my favorite adventure game is Rayman 2. it has great gfx, the controls are superb, and there are many different styles of gameplay so it never gets boring. it can actually be very challenging at times. anyway, you will love this game if you liked the old rayman and mario64. peace
super fighting robot! megaman!