DC & MP3's

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
dblay
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC & MP3's

Post by dblay »

Does anyone know if there is an MP3 like winamp for the Dreamcast. What I'm really interested in is a player that does visualizations such as WinAmp. I haven't been able to find one, just a bare-bones mp3 player for purchase. Doesn't the Dreamncast use WindowsCE anyhow, so is there a way to port it over, or simply boot into the WindowsCE interface and run Winamp?? Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.
Thanks
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

yeah, there were allot of mp3 players at first, then people made us remove them for dcemu.... try consolevision.com or maybe boob!
dblay
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dblay »

ah, so they do exist! awesome! do you remember if some supported visualizations? Also, remember any names of them, so that I can search perhaps. Thanks a lot, I will check out consolevision.com. What is boob?
sam17
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by sam17 »

Dreamamp, DCmp3, Pelican mp3 player(commercial).

i have Dreamamp, if you want it, PM me.
dblay
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dblay »

wow....dreamamp has seemed to have vanished. i've found several places that talk about it, but no places that have it for downloads.....
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

If you've got a highspeed connection, or don't mind DLing a 70MB file, get the DCTonic demo disk - its got a great MP3 Player included that *allows* swapping in your own MP3 Disks (which certain others don't) plus you get a couple of freebie 'in progress' games with it...
dblay
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dblay »

where can i download that from. and does anyone know where i can get dreamamp from....and weather or not any of these do visualizations (like winamp)
Mr Spoon

Post by Mr Spoon »

DCtonic can be downloaded from http://www.ganksoft.com or http://www.boob.co.uk
Nice big file as Nyarlathotep said though ;)
coolguyron
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

y did they make u take off the other mp3 playersoff the site?

Post by coolguyron »

...are they chargeing for them now or osmehting?