QuakeDev plus DoomDev equals...

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.

Should QuakeDev and DoomDev be combined?

Total votes: 0
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

QuakeDev plus DoomDev equals...

Post by TheDumbAss »

I've been contacted by Dr. Zoidberg. He has asked if I'd mind if the Quakedev and DoomDev forums were combined and moved up nearer the top of the forum list. We've talked a bit about it and I've decided to let you the users decide.

If any of you forsee any problems post your thoughts. If you think its a great idea let us know that too.

There is not a set time limit for this poll yet. I'll post an update when the finish date is set.

Now VOTE!
Last edited by TheDumbAss on Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

HELL NO!!! I like Quake and all but come on!! :)
Gooey
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Gooey »

I think yes for a while, maybe until/if they both get too big and have to be split, but definately should be higher up the list (possibly with bleem now dead, should go there ?)
As soon as the next doom release is out i'm gonna mess around with that too, would be very handy having both forums integrated
my two pennys worth
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I have to say NO... Quake DC and Doom DC works in very different ways.

Why this? I haven't seen any post on Doom DC that looks like "Oh, I think that this will work with Quake DC also" and vice versa.

If anyone wants to do a Doom tc for Quake DC, post about it in the Quake DC forum. About extracting the Doom files, post in the Doom DC forum. It isn't complicated.

AND... mix up the forums and you will see a bunch of newbies trying to open Doom's .wad files with PakExplorer, running Quake's gfx.wad with Doom DC, and more...

If it's only because of the forums having few posts, just bring the old posts back, at least the way that TheDumbAss is doing...
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

As you've probibly noticed. The forums have been reorganized a bit. And QuakeDev and Doom Dev have NOT been merged.

I'm thinking this will make a lot of people happy. (including myself and XDelusion)

I've unsticky'ed this topic... but I'll leave it open. (just in case)
VH5150
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by VH5150 »

Might as well combine Chrysler with Diamler Benz...Never mind.
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Sorry to move this back into the forum again, but I had an idea...

In like a year from now, I am going to try to port the Mac game Marathon Infinity over to the dc (if you want more info, look in the rumor mill of Consolevision). But by that time maybe we could merge Doom and Quake into one forum, and add Marathon to it...
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Ok... maybe after you release Marathon this topic can be brought back. (Mac version looks good from the screens I've seen)

Until then I dont think there is a reason for this topic. The many of reasons for not combining the forums are outlined in Fraggers post. Those are all issues I brought up when Dr. Z first proposed it to me.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Okay, but this was like the first time that I announced it here, so I though i put it in here...