Dream Inducer autoloading?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dream Inducer autoloading?

Post by spaceboy100 »

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is possible to make Dream Inducer automaticly load a program on startup, and skip the menu. This would mean it was basicly acting as a bootdisc for a program, but they would be on the same disc.
If its possible could someone post the code, and tell me which file you would have to add it to?
Thanks.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Why would you do that ? Just make a self boot of whatever emu it is you want to auto-load.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

why use dream inducer at all? only a few(are the any?) games allow you to quit to inducer. just make a regular selfbootable disc
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by spaceboy100 »

well, lets just forget why for now and say I want to do it.
How could I go about it?
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by spaceboy100 »

Ok, Im sorry to keep on about this but this is what I want to try and do:

Play the intro movie of a dvd in DivX using DI's option of intro movies, then skip the Dream Inducer menu, and automaticly load DCDiVX (which could have a customised theme). Basicly making a Dreamcast disc as much like a DVD as possible!

So does anyone know how I could do it?
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

Not currently, but if you asked Dcg, he might be able to add bin loading to the preroll.
spaceboy100
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by spaceboy100 »

ok, well thanks for answering my question anyway burner0, and good work on the site!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

What you could do (or get one of your programming friends to do) is write a small program that uses the DCDivX library from DreamInducer (and maybe DreamInducer's BINLOAD program) to run a movie, then load DCDivX. If I remember correctly, Dcg released the DivX library separately on his site. Interesting idea though. Maybe you could suggest that to the guys who are writing DCDivX.