The Crappest Great Games Of All Time!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Crappest Great Games Of All Time!

Post by az_bont »

To go with my 'Greatest Crap Games Of All Time Topic' (see below) I have created this one. What games have you played that got rave reviews, but turned out to be a big bag o' shite?

I nominate Metal Gear Solid 2. It's not even a game, more a movie with the occasional puzzle. There's very little action apart from the bosses, and apart from the few new features/moves it's nowhere near as good as the original (Which I'm sure a lot of you have played, thanks to bleem!cast :D ).

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewto ... highlight=
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

must.... resist... urge.... to call Shenmue..... boring....
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jet Set/Grind Radio.
It was a good concept but the police etc. just got so annoying it made the game unplayable for me.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Dont get me wrong, Gran Turismo 3 IS the best racing game out there, BUT you gotta admit, going in circles 200 times over the course of 3 hours gets repetitive. I lost interest just trying to get all golds in the License Test.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Any of the FIFA Soccer games!, they are all complete cack and pale massively in comparison with Konami's outstanding ISS/Winning Eleven franchise.

Why does FIFA sell so many damn copies in this stupid country of mine? :?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I quite like the FIFA soccer games, but Ive never played ISS si U dont know how they compare.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

nfl qb club 2001 it look great by the pics on the back of the cd case but it sucks
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Most games which are hyped into oblivion usually turn out to be hugely crap. The crappest "great" game I have would probably be Mortal Kombat Gold on the Dreamcast. I don't care what people say, this game cost me ?5 and stole a couple of hours of my life and I want them back :(
Guizzy's dead soul
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Guizzy's dead soul »

I'd say the FF series since FF8
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Guizzy's dead soul wrote:I'd say the FF series since FF8

FF8 owns j00 and I dont care what anyone says 8)
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

i agree, call me stupid. i like cheesy games with great graphics and i like cheesy women with fake breast.

just call me a real man!

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

my vote would be
loaded- psx
nhl allstars for saturn
ET for atari
Coaster works -DC
enternal fantasia -ps2
Jammit -genesis
hardball 3 -genesis
superscope games -snes
quest64 -n64
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

man i forgot about loaded!!! omfg thx dude me about to go find it. that game was wicked and bad ass. too bad it had long load times. damn that game ruled.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

My choice for crappy great games...

1. Grand Theft Auto 3. Don't get me wrong...I've enjoyed the hours I've spent playing it, but it's not the end-all game that everybody made it out to be when I bought it.

2. Blood Omen 2. The reviews I read for it were fairly decent, but the game was complete trash. I mean...with the memory management issues on the PS2, the fluxuating framerate, the stupid, tedious puzzles, the cut scene voice acting being out of sync, and the godaweful f*** ups in the storyline...I'm ashamed to say I'm a fan of the Legacy of Kain games after playing that one. It even had block puzzles!!! :evil: The Blood Omen 2 development team should be shot for the injustice done to that game.

EDIT: Oh...and another one...
Smash Court Tennis on PS2. Complete trash. Stay away...trust me. It's bad. I've had more fun having cavities filled...
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Oh let's see. I think I'll do a review myself on what I think compared to IGN and Gamespot. Scores are a 1-10, but if you've visited either site, you would probably know that or could have guessed. Anyway, here we go...

The first game on my list is: Syphon Filter!

IGN: 9.5
Gamespot: 9.0
My rating: 3.0

I'm sorry, but it just plained bored me. I couldn't stand to play it past the third level. But since I made it to the third level, it gets a 3.
----------

The next game on my list is: Ecco:Defender of the Future!

IGN:7.6
Gamespot: 8.2
My rating: 2.5

Deep in the bowls of Appaloosa Interactive...
"Hey, let's make another Ecco game! We'll spend all of our time making the graphics push the Dreamcast's limits! So much so, that the CD-ROM will make more noise than the fan from loading all the time! And will make every level look the same so the player will get lost and only focus on the pretty graphics! Plus, we'll have Ecco's friends have useless information that'll make the player confused and just go back to looking at the graphics! It'll be a hit! Did I mention the great graphics?"
Since it did have nice visuals, it gets a .5 on the 2.
----------

The last, and most depressing, entry is: Megaman X6!

IGN: 8.0
Gamespot: 7.0
My rating: 4.0

What happened Capcom??? This game was suppose to be cool! It had all the potential of being cool! But after I went through a few very dull levels and fought that red circular boss for the 4th time, I knew my expectations were not to be met. At least you could use the Zero's saber with Megaman, so that was worth a 4.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I'm gonna say Halo for XBox. It's an OK shoot-em-up and seeing as though it's the only one I know of on XBox, if I had an XBox I'd probably buy it, it's just that it's not all it's cracked up to be. (Cue bitching from Jeeba). It's just a bit slow for my liking. Even though some of the PS" shooters aren't as great, there's so many of them - I've got Half-Life (woulda been better on DC), 007 Agent Under Fire (Although this is coming out on XBox and Gamecube) and TimeSplitters (And Timesplitters 2 soon).

And GTA3 not the greatest game of all time? I could play for hours just driving around, running over people, picking up prostitutes and getting involved in drive-by shootings. ANd when I come home, I play a little GTA3 :D .
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
THe man
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by THe man »

hmph...figures everyone gotta hate something..it's sad really..well might as well join the crowd for the time being.

I'm gonna say fear effect..yeah it had a good story and puzzles but the game was too short for 4 disc and the challenge wasn't even high(it's doesnt feel good to me to beat 4 disc games in only 4 days especially mature ones.)

I may try fear effect 2 whenever I get the chance just to see what happend in the past.
Sig. 1:
Rules are for stupid people...otherwise we wouldn't need them.
Sig 2:
Sensitivty leads to stupidity..period.
Sig. 3:
Words are only given meaning by the person saying/hearing them..only it can make them Hurt inside.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Has to be crono cross.
No doubt in my mind.
You can only use 50 magic per character in each boss ?And you can't even use that many initialy ?

Yeah, right.
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I'd say Summoner for PS2.
All the online game sites say its good, but apparantley you have to get 5 hours in before it starts getting good...I couldnt play it for more than 5 mins, the graphics are crap, it slows down, the battles are REALLY pathetic and slow, and the main charcter looks like a tramp.

And Chrono Cross and the FF Games rule 8)
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

dead or alive 3. this game holds nothing to tekken 4 or virtua fighter 4.

grand theft auto 3. the game just doiesnt seem very fun to me

AND I STILL NEED TO SLEEP!!!...
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain