Need help with bba and pppoe

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Need help with bba and pppoe

Post by Basil »

I`m trying to get online with bba and play q3 but it seems something is wrong .
it cant connect to any server ... even when it seems it connected it cant connect to any working server - just shows nothing ...
What`s wrong ?
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Need help with bba and pppoe

Post by emptythought »

You need to make a static IP set to like 136 increased decimals from 192.168.1.1.
LordNikon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LordNikon »

Well that depends on how he is connected to his local network. WinXP Internet Connection sharing defaults at 192.168.0.1, and various routers can have different starting IP's than 192.168.1.1

To figure out what is wrong with your BBA setup Basil we would need to know more about your local network setup. Are you using a router? are you connected to a PC via ICS? are you trying to directly connect to the DSL/Cable modem?
http://www.onlineconsoles.com - online console gaming communities for the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Playstation 2
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

To figure out what is wrong with your BBA setup Basil we would need to know more about your local network setup. Are you using a router? are you connected to a PC via ICS? are you trying to directly connect to the DSL/Cable modem?
How can I find it ?

I can browse internet via Planet Web 3.0 but cant connect with Q3 .
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Then visit OnlineConsoles. They have the ports for Quake III: Arena you must forward...
Basil
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Basil »

I`ve already done first . http://dreamcast.onlineconsoles.com/php ... php?t=9536
The problem isnt solved still.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

I see.

We really need a homebrew tool that edits the DC's flashrom networking data... Anyway, I can't really suggest anything since I can't remember if I connected to Quake using the dial-up modem or the BBA. If It was the BBA I wouldn't have used PlanetWeb 3.0; I believe that that version saves the network data to the VMU, not the DC's flashrom. PlanetWeb 2.6 would be a better of the two choices.

It may be your router or at most your configuration. I bought a Linksys because torrents weren't uploading with the Netgear router but I never went back to test if what I'd learnt was the issue -- bridging.