Untextured quads in libparallax?

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Silent Marauder
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Untextured quads in libparallax?

Post by Silent Marauder »

I've been looking through the forum here for examples of how to draw an untextured quad, and I've found BlackAura's stuff, but it doesn't seem to apply to my situation. I prefer to use the PVR via libparallax, so that I can easily use the DR for rendering and matrix math for transformations, and I don't see any examples of how to send untextured quads that way. Would it be as simple as calling plx_spr_imd() without first calling plx_txr_send_hdr()? I don't know if every quad sent after a plx_txr_send_hdr() call takes the texture that was sent, which would make that method unusable.

If that's not the answer, is there any other way to send untextured quads using the direct renderer and matrix math? From reading the libparallax header files, I think doing the matrix math is as simple as doing mat_trans_single3(x,y,z) before each PVR vertex. It's the DR stuff that has me confused.

Thanks in advance!
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: Untextured quads in libparallax?

Post by BlueCrab »

What I believe you need to do in order to set up untextured quads is to do the following (before you do any plx_spr_* stuff):

Code: Select all

plx_cxt_init();
plx_cxt_send(list);
Where list is whichever primitive list you are currently rendering to (PLX_LIST_OP_POLY, PLX_LIST_TR_POLY, PLX_LIST_PT_POLY, etc).