WTF, the PS2 this year's big gift?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by toastman »

Eckostyle wrote:
Butters wrote:Eckostyle, you do know you fell for |darc|'s bait and trap right? He owns an xbox and he plays it all the time. You did exactly what he wanted you to do, you came out flaming.

YOU GOT BAITED, TRAPPED, AND PWNED!
So when he has enough of an argument, or feels that he's losing it, he just tries to get the person in trouble, so he can back out gracefully?

Mature, real mature.
He came in here baiting and taunting you. He even owns a PS2 (IIRC), as a matter of fact I'm not even sure if darc even owns a Gamecube. He was trolling you the whole time, and like the little arrogant fanatic you are, you fell right into it.
No signature.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

He came in here baiting and taunting you. He even owns a PS2 (IIRC), as a matter of fact I'm not even sure if darc even owns a Gamecube. He was trolling you the whole time, and like the little arrogant fanatic you are, you fell right into it.
He baited me, I exploded and fell for it, because I usually see way to much of that kind of fanacism on thos forum. What was the point/objective of it anyway, |darc|? Dislike me that much?
it is you who needs to grow up and let others have their own opinions.
And sometimes I wish people would do that with me and a lot of others around here.
wes1406
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by wes1406 »

oh man, This is classic

<Grabs popcorn, turns of lights, and sits in easy chair, waiting for the action>
:lolsmash:
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Eckostyle wrote:
He baited me, I exploded and fell for it, because I usually see way to much of that kind of fanacism on thos forum. What was the point/objective of it anyway, |darc|? Dislike me that much?
No, you are an easy target.
No signature.
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

wes1406 wrote:oh man, This is classic

<Grabs popcorn, turns of lights, and sits in easy chair, waiting for the action>
:lolsmash:
here ya go Image
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

What I find amazing it the PS2 is the crappiest system in terms of quality, power, and price yet it seems to be the most popular. If I had to give up 1 of the 3 current home consoles the Ps2 would be without hesitation the first to go. I mean you can buy a Xbox for the same price and I think it comes with 1 or 2 games. The Gamecube comes with 1 game and is $50 cheaper, and both of those consoles are WAY more powerful then the PS2 and much more durable.

Also while granted the PS2 has the most games on it, that is mainly cause Sony will allow any crap game to be published for the PS2. I would be willing to bet 60 to 70 percent of the $20 games on Playstation 2 are utter crap.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

The rumors for the PStwo, are much worse than what the rumors were for the PSOne.

PSOne rumors that I remember were, "allows for higher polygons", and "texture filtering".
InvisixIsLeet
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by InvisixIsLeet »

If Playstation 2's overall hardware design did not contain so many bottlenecks, it would be able to produce more polygons counts, better textures, anti-aliasing, better framerates, amongst other things. Sony did an extreme slop job on the overall hardware design however, and this makes it a really lack luster console compared to the other modern day consoles.

It's the typical story of "Looks good on paper must be great in reality!", and nothing more.

I only own a PS2 for titles that are exclusive only for PS2, and for it's DVD playback. If not for those, I would not even own a PS2.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Eckostyle wrote:
Butters wrote:Eckostyle, you do know you fell for |darc|'s bait and trap right? He owns an xbox and he plays it all the time. You did exactly what he wanted you to do, you came out flaming.

YOU GOT BAITED, TRAPPED, AND PWNED!
So when he has enough of an argument, or feels that he's losing it, he just tries to get the person in trouble, so he can back out gracefully?

Mature, real mature.
I never had an arguement in the first place. The only reason I posted anything in here of that manner was to piss fanboys like you off. You fell for it. This is a forum. Chill out and don't get so pissed off when someone threatens your Sony way of life. You've blown up worse than I've seen some religious zealots do.

Out of the three systems, I own a GC and an Xbox. I enjoy the GC the most, but I do use the Xbox a lot. I want a PS2, but not badly enough to pay for it when it is horribly overpriced (like now--just look at the great prices of the other systems and compare).
Eckostyle wrote:
it is you who needs to grow up and let others have their own opinions.
And sometimes I wish people would do that with me and a lot of others around here.
No, you forget that I wasn't really hating on you for your opinion, but just baiting you. It is YOU who exploded and started calling me names.
It's thinking...
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

I dont see why it was neccessary to bait and piss me off, but whatever, I understand. My apologies.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

And this is why i dont come to these forums much anymore. Everybody just wants to fight. This was a good topic that went way off the topic, as most topic do around here. :|
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

crazyrom wrote:And this is why i dont come to these forums much anymore. Everybody just wants to fight. This was a good topic that went way off the topic, as most topic do around here. :|
It will all be ok with more cow bell.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

PS2 OWNS YOU ALL!! har har har
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

crazyrom wrote:And this is why i dont come to these forums much anymore. Everybody just wants to fight. This was a good topic that went way off the topic, as most topic do around here. :|
Please point me to these utopian forums that you imply exist, where everyone is nice to each other and shares their candy.
It's thinking...
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

|darc| wrote:
Please point me to these utopian forums that you imply exist, where everyone is nice to each other and shares their candy.
http://www.thekickback.com :P
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

:lol:
It's thinking...
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

But that 9 year old or whatever goes there..
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Xylene wrote:But that 9 year old or whatever goes there..
lol, just ignore him. He doesn't hang around that much.
It's thinking...
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

|darc| wrote:
Xylene wrote:But that 9 year old or whatever goes there..
lol, just ignore him. He doesn't hang around that much.
I was going to tell him his parents molest children, but I wasn't sure if I should or not.
crazyrom
Ex-Help Forum Mod
Ex-Help Forum Mod

Post by crazyrom »

Just to get back on the topic i got a ps2 at walmart today. But the only reason i got my mitts on it was because my aunt works at walmart and saved it for me. Oh happy day. :rumpshaker: