Family Guy Star Wars is on

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Family Guy Star Wars is on

Post by Calavera »

Whos watchin it?
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Been thanked: 0

Re: Family Guy Star Wars is on

Post by gamedudex2 »

it was awesome
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Family Guy has been trash for a while.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Shoot I forgot all about it.

Sorta of on topic but what was that Stewie Griffon Movie? I noticed it is on Xbox Live for $10. However the description describes it as that 2 parter that involved Stewie going into the future and meeting himself. Is that all it is, or is it something else?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Veggita2099 wrote:Shoot I forgot all about it.

Sorta of on topic but what was that Stewie Griffon Movie? I noticed it is on Xbox Live for $10. However the description describes it as that 2 parter that involved Stewie going into the future and meeting himself. Is that all it is, or is it something else?
it was a straight to dvd movie done before family guy returned to tv. I think it was the broken u into 3 or 4 eps for the last few episodes of the first season of family guys return. its pretty good. It was already "leaked" online a few months before the dvd came out. the dvd is uncensored, i would guess the download is as well. Its pretty funny and worth checking out.

its the one where he goes to the future with his future self.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

I saw it.

Very good.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Some was funny... some wasn't...

- Fuzmeister
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

gamedudex2 wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Shoot I forgot all about it.

it was a straight to dvd movie done before family guy returned to tv. I think it was the broken u into 3 or 4 eps for the last few episodes of the first season of family guys return. its pretty good. It was already "leaked" online a few months before the dvd came out. the dvd is uncensored, i would guess the download is as well. Its pretty funny and worth checking out.

its the one where he goes to the future with his future self.
Movie was done after the series was restarted afaik and the first few eps were regular episodes for season 4.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

ya true, but the movie came out before the show started back on fox :)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Ehh sounds like its stuff I have all ready watched to death on Adult Swim. If it was a DVD I could buy for $10 ID be all over it. However since Microsoft wants to be pricks and not allow you to use anything but the Microsoft overpriced hard drives for downloaded contents I won't buy it. Ashame really Id probably spend a lot of money on downloads on the 360 if Microsoft allowed us to use USB storage devices to save them on(Id probably own all of season 7 CSI in HD if not for storage limits). But a 20 gig harddrive doesn't last long when you start downloading tv shows/demos/arcade games/etc. There is really no excuse for it either. I mean when you download something from them you have to download a license with it. Heck that one time I downloaded a new show and I couldn't watch it. They had put the show on Xbox live on a saturday, however the license wasn't put with it till monday.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

Veggita2099 wrote:Ehh sounds like its stuff I have all ready watched to death on Adult Swim. If it was a DVD I could buy for $10 ID be all over it. However since Microsoft wants to be pricks and not allow you to use anything but the Microsoft overpriced hard drives for downloaded contents I won't buy it. Ashame really Id probably spend a lot of money on downloads on the 360 if Microsoft allowed us to use USB storage devices to save them on(Id probably own all of season 7 CSI in HD if not for storage limits). But a 20 gig harddrive doesn't last long when you start downloading tv shows/demos/arcade games/etc. There is really no excuse for it either. I mean when you download something from them you have to download a license with it. Heck that one time I downloaded a new show and I couldn't watch it. They had put the show on Xbox live on a saturday, however the license wasn't put with it till monday.
http://www.amazon.com/Family-Guy-Presen ... B000A3DFV8
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

gamedudex2 wrote:ya true, but the movie came out before the show started back on fox :)
I couldve sworn that it came out after it started on Fox again.

And after checking wikipedia it says FG returned on May 1 2005, and the movie came out in September of 2005.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mrandyk wrote:
gamedudex2 wrote:ya true, but the movie came out before the show started back on fox :)
I couldve sworn that it came out after it started on Fox again.

And after checking wikipedia it says FG returned on May 1 2005, and the movie came out in September of 2005.
It leaked right around when it aired again.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Interesting, I wouldnt have thought it would be completely finished that far ahead of time.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

mrandyk wrote:Interesting, I wouldnt have thought it would be completely finished that far ahead of time.
I think they planned on releasing it in cinemas way before, but it never came about.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I started to watch it but since I'm not a fan of star wars, I quickly lost interest.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Smiley wrote:I started to watch it but since I'm not a fan of star wars, I quickly lost interest.
I'm surprised.

gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibbe ... y_take.php

Sunday night’s one-hour “Star Wars” parody episode of Fox’s “Family Guy” was such a ratings success that producers are considering devoting an episode to “The Empire Strikes Back” next year.

The season premiere featured characters from “Family Guy” performing a compressed re-enactment of the 1977 film, using the original sound effects and John Williams’ musical score.

Posting a 5.5 preliminary rating among adults 18 to 49, the episode was the highest-rated “Family Guy” since the show returned to Fox in 2005 (full weekend ratings will be posted soon). A spokesman for 20th Century Fox Television said there’s no official announcement on a sequel, but doing “Empire” next year “seems likely.”

In an interview conducted before the episode aired, executive producer Chris Sheridan said the staff wants to do “Empire” if Sunday’s episode performed well. The parodies could give “Family Guy” an annual format-breaking event like “The Simpsons’” popular Halloween episodes.

But if you missed last night’s episode (titled “Blue Harvest”—the production code name of “Return of the Jedi”), future viewing opportunities are scarce. The day after airing, “Family Guy” episodes typically are available on Fox’s video player, or for purchase on Xbox 360 and other electronic retailers. For the time being, Fox is holding back “Blue Harvest” and has no current plans for an encore presentation. Fox also kept the episode off iTunes, where it uploaded premiere episodes for several other shows last week. (Note: A reader pointed out in the blog comments that Adult Swim airs "Family Guy" encores. According to the network's Web site, "Blue Harvest" is slated for Oct. 14 at 11 p.m.).

The parody was produced with the full cooperation of George Lucas. The unusual partnership between the envelope-pushing cartoon and the famously protective “Star Wars” creator was part corporate synergy, part creative respect.

“This is a relationship that’s built over time,” Sheridan says. “There are a lot of ‘Star Wars’ fans on staff. We do ‘Star Wars’ references on the show. Lucasfilm has been a fan.”

Parody doesn’t necessarily require the permission of a copyright owner. When “Family Guy” had the idea to do a full “Star Wars” parody, with some scenes matching shot-for-shot the original film, producers sought out Lucas for a couple of reasons. First, Fox distributes the “Star Wars” films, so there’s an existing relationship to protect. Second, “Family Guy” wanted access to the film’s original sound effects and music.

Then things got a little tricky. “Family Guy” writers wanted to retain the show’s wicked (and sometime lurid) sense of humor, without alienating Lucas.

“‘Family Guy’ is a pretty edgy show. There was some thought of [what Lucas might think] in the process, but we wanted to stay true to our show,” Sheridan says.

There were a few minor concessions, such as getting rid of some double-layered incest humor between Luke Skywalker (played in the show by the family’s teenage son) and his sister Princess Leia (played in the episode by Chris’ mom).

“There was a couple things that they wanted us to tone down, but we’re used to getting those kind of notes from Standards,” Sheridan says.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

gamedudex2 wrote:http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/james-hibbe ... y_take.php

Sunday night’s one-hour “Star Wars” parody episode of Fox’s “Family Guy” was such a ratings success that producers are considering devoting an episode to “The Empire Strikes Back” next year.

A spokesman for 20th Century Fox Television said there’s no official announcement on a sequel, but doing “Empire” next year “seems likely.”
It was funny once, come on Fox don't run it into the ground.
antidot
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by antidot »

I would love to see a trilogy over the period of 3 years. Although otherwise I don't really watch Family Guy when it's aired anymore. They have to do something special for me to bother tuning in lately.