Xbox 360 spring dashboard update released today

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Xbox 360 spring dashboard update released today

Post by Luriden »

Check it out.

Not a whole lot of improvements. I like the Marketplace blade, it reminds me of the Marketplace blade on MC360. I also noticed that bring up Marketplace info, as well as user info is A LOT faster than it was. When I bring up someone's name, it comes up instantly with their gamerpicture and info on what they're playing. I haven't had a chance to try much else out yet.

I've never used MSN Messenger, so I can't try that out yet. Someone here who has MSN needs to add me so I can try it out
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

windows live messenger is actually a quite impressive messenger. I started using it a few months back. I am trying to get more of my friends on it as it is superior to AIM I believe. I love that the marketplace blade, and now downloads are so much faster. The name of the game in the drive should have been there since day one.

Though its still lacking:
Chatrooms for multi people in voice and video
voice/video chat with windows live
maybe one day we will see divx support in streaming video from media center.
But yea it does remind me of the marketplace blade in MC360 also.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

The WLM support it added is crap. It only lets you use your current email adress attached to your live account it also doesnt have video or mic support. Plus its bulky and doesnt let you do anything else really. If I wanted to sit there and jsut chat i'd use my pc the whole point should be able to message people effortlessly while playing.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Re: Xbox 360 spring dashboard update released today

Post by ace »

Freaky Keneaki wrote:Check it out.

Not a whole lot of improvements. I like the Marketplace blade, it reminds me of the Marketplace blade on MC360. I also noticed that bring up Marketplace info, as well as user info is A LOT faster than it was. When I bring up someone's name, it comes up instantly with their gamerpicture and info on what they're playing. I haven't had a chance to try much else out yet.

I've never used MSN Messenger, so I can't try that out yet. Someone here who has MSN needs to add me so I can try it out
Mine is in my profile. I use it all the time, so give me an add.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

RMD wrote:The WLM support it added is crap. It only lets you use your current email adress attached to your live account it also doesnt have video or mic support. Plus its bulky and doesnt let you do anything else really. If I wanted to sit there and jsut chat i'd use my pc the whole point should be able to message people effortlessly while playing.
It's better than not having it at all, isn't it? Look at the cup as half full instead of half empty. Infact, though I've never used it, I know you can chat while in game. You may need the $20 keyboard controller to do it, but it can be done, they showed it in the demonstration video.

Also, something else I noticed that's really helpful is now in the friends list, it shows an arrow next to the game name if the person's game can be joined. This will really come in handy for when I'm waiting for someone to clear a spot for me in a GoW game.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Re: Xbox 360 spring dashboard update released today

Post by sixteen-bit »

Well they've mostly fixed the VGA colour issue and for that, I'm thankful. I don't care about the marketplace or messenger though.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

The expanded color thing via VGA looks fantastic.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Noticed they added Double Dragon to the Arcade. I know its not really part of the update but thought Id mention it. Have to say though I think they really screwed the title screen music up big time. I mean it sounds awful! I might end up buying it, however I hate to do it when I have the Genesis version which is basically a arcade port. If my new router fixes my internet problems I might get it for on-line co-op play.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

Nico0020 wrote:Though its still lacking:
Chatrooms for multi people in voice and video
voice/video chat with windows live
maybe one day we will see divx support in streaming video from media center.
Amen to that. Multiple simultaneous friend chat would be great, as would other codecs for video formats.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I've noticed that there is no 'you dont pay for Live so you have to wait to download stuff' download prevention when accessing stuff through the 'just arrived' section.

I fully expect Ms to fix this soon, but in the meantime its just like the good old days where I can download stuff as soon as its released.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I'm a big fan of this update. A lot of useful stuff, especially since I use MSN regularly and I use my VGA connection on occasion. Thanks MS!
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

VGA is even better now? I never heard of that, and it's not on the list of updated things. I just adjusted my monitor a few weeks ago and it's awesome, maybe this will be even better.