Rebirth of the Dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

phisejr wrote:I live in NYC and I went to J&L ( video game store, in China Town, Manhattan and i seen SOOO MANY Titles for the Dreamcast Used and Bran New. So im pretty sure the Spirit of the Dreamcast is Far From OVER !!!
That reasoning is faulty. If there were many there, wouldn't that imply that nobody wants them?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by phisejr »

lol Admins, Well my friend a console thats released 8 years ago and games are still being made is really goos and servers still running yeah only a few games are online, But your looking at the Negative side of things. When Game servers are being populated a lot, More servers most likely will realease i found this out from many game experiences Such as Private PSO servers, Silkroad online, Lineage to and another list of games.

i lol'ed at admin cause of this pic came to mind that i saw.

I never Said that People weren't buying them. You obviously look at the negative side of things. I was pointing out that there were games still being developed for the dreamcast. Not that there was a lot and no one was buying them.
Last edited by phisejr on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

Sry double post ....
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

YEA I UNDERSTAND ALWAYS B POSITIVE, THAT'S HOW I WAS WHEN I JOIND BAK IN THE DAY, U KNOW IT IZ 2007 NOT 2001 OR 02, 03.

I do not expect 13 year old noobs (like myself at one point) to pop up high spirited and pationatly about the dream like you are. If you don't mind telling me how old are you?

All jokes aside if you really beleive in what you are doing and want to carry on with it, go ahead Gamespot, Gamespy, Kikizo, IGN, Gamepro, Sega official site etc are the likely places where you need to go and spread the word, this is a dreamcast site by name but the majority of the currect discussion usually take place in Off-topic, Gaming Forum, Null etc. Besides we are all aware of the current position of Dreamcast.

Good Luck buddy.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

im 19 in a few months, and i know that it maybe a Dream in your POV. But in my POV its an Idea and Ideas cant be destroyed like Dreams can.

BTW thanks for the Tips on where i should go, Im Currently on GameTrailers Same name, and Developing a Blog day by day on the Dreamcast. I just am looking for more and more info at this time.

Like i just updated it with the info on the DC Fishing Rod.
leileilol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by leileilol »

I don't think a console with video hardware that's a bit less powerful than a voodoo banshee is gonna inspire more new games to come out for it other than bullet hell and homebrew.
POOPOO
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Dreamcast is dead an everything coming out for it sucks, the end. Now, get over it and yourself.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Did your mom kick you out of the house or something?

A) The Dreamcast is not 100% dead, sure it maybe 95% but it's not 100%, Understood.
B) Phisejr is a fine guy, so what if he is determined and the odds of a massive change are against him, if he wants to tell the world his console, is still getting new releases and a few games are still online then it’s great.

Why does every one have to be so critical & hard on the guy, he's not adding anyone on msn and showing them there penis (like some people do around here), he doesn’t have anything blasphemous written in his signature.

You know when I travel abroad and walk into a game store, I usually find a nice gamer or 2 there and we have a nice chat about Dreamcast, I tell them how the machine is still living, Goat Stores games and the other basics and former Dreamcast users do find it interesting to the very least, some may even dust off there Dreamcast import a new game and give it a swing.

In this I think I did something good for the scene, now if Phisjer wants to do this he's most welcomed you need to get over yourself.
FiendWithoutAface
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by FiendWithoutAface »

It's not all dead. It's only mostly dead.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

It's a zombie console. Probably even more of a zombie than the Jaguar ever was.
Insane homebrew collector.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

BILAL_XIA wrote:Did your mom kick you out of the house or something?
Nope.
BILAL_XIA wrote: A) The Dreamcast is not 100% dead, sure it maybe 95% but it's not 100%, Understood.
Nope, it is dead. You're wrong, next one.
BILAL_XIA wrote: B) Phisejr is a fine guy, so what if he is determined and the odds of a massive change are against him, if he wants to tell the world his console, is still getting new releases and a few games are still online then it’s great.
Sorry, oh wait, I'm not. If by massivly against him you mean never ever going to happen, then sure, I agree.
BILAL_XIA wrote: Why does every one have to be so critical & hard on the guy, he's not adding anyone on msn and showing them there penis (like some people do around here), he doesn’t have anything blasphemous written in his signature.
Thanks for rembering me.
BILAL_XIA wrote: You know when I travel abroad and walk into a game store, I usually find a nice gamer or 2 there and we have a nice chat about Dreamcast, I tell them how the machine is still living, Goat Stores games and the other basics and former Dreamcast users do find it interesting to the very least, some may even dust off there Dreamcast import a new game and give it a swing.
Sure, I play my dreamcast from time to time but hell, I play my snes and n64. That does not make them still living.
BILAL_XIA wrote: In this I think I did something good for the scene, now if Phisjer wants to do this he's most welcomed you need to get over yourself.
Wtf did you do for "the scene" get over your self. He is not doing anything cept for talking about BS. The. Fucking. END.

EDIT: Oh, yes, just incase you do not rember the definition of dead nothing can be more dead than something else. It either is or is not.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
MapleBuster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MapleBuster »

The only reason I got a Dreamcast at all was because it was dead and therefore cheap. The only reason my girlfriend bought me one was because it was cheap. And dead. This was sometime approaching the end of the last century. If you were to start a campaign to keep it alive I would say you are already 6 to 10 years too late.

Yes it's a great console and technically speaking if games are played on it then you could argue it still features in gamers lives. But most gamers now have a decent PC, PS2/3, 360, DS, PSP.

Moving on from a favourite console is tough. But it must be done. I would suggest putting all your energy from now on into NullDC.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Hah, I love it. The Dreamcast is like the Elvis of video game consoles.

...word is bondage...
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Yeah, I've seen it recently somewhere in my area. I swear.
Insane homebrew collector.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Sweater Fish wrote:Hah, I love it. The Dreamcast is like the Elvis of video game consoles.

...word is bondage...
:guffaw:
MapleBuster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MapleBuster »

Christuserloeser wrote:Yeah, I've seen it recently somewhere in my area. I swear.
Was he in a chipshop singing into the mic of a DC Karaoke machine ?

Was he 4 ft 6 inch tall, chinese, with a handlebar moustache ? If so, I think I saw him myself.
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

BILAL_XIA wrote:Wow, Dreamwars Episode 3: attack of the noobs.

I am with you boys all the way.
BaldMonk wrote:Heh... I did one the total opposite when I heard SEGA had officially discontinued fixing/selling/publishing all DC stuff this year....

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/52541418/

:)
Nice Idea, But the background lacks details where as Sonic looks great.
I would've liked to see a detailed version.
Haha, yeah, I got sick of it after I finished drawing Sonic, and had to get back to work. There is a much better image of Sonic on his own in my gallery.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I would like to see a cool version of Dream-Over type wall paper for my own desktop.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Null?
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster