Broken Dreamcast?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Grayvon
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Broken Dreamcast?

Post by Grayvon »

My Dreamcast started freezing at random intervals and now I can't even get it to startup. Is this a common thing with an easy fix? Is it an uncommon thing with a hard fix? or vice versa or 8S...
Sorry, I drooled a littled bit, sometimes I just get so crazy. Anyway, I can't get it to start and any help would be appreciated.
On a side note, I got a NES Emulation disc that uses NesterDC. I got it from http://www.gamesunique.com and it was great, but the label has peeled off, and now I don't know if the disc will work any more. Does a DC disc have a have a silver back on it to work?

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get another NES Disc for my Dreamcast please let me know. The one I have has got tons of games from America and a lot from japan, korea, europe, etc. I would like to get another that is similar. Thanks for the help.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: Broken Dreamcast?

Post by Smurph »

Grayvon wrote:My Dreamcast started freezing at random intervals and now I can't even get it to startup. Is this a common thing with an easy fix? Is it an uncommon thing with a hard fix? or vice versa or 8S...
Sorry, I drooled a littled bit, sometimes I just get so crazy. Anyway, I can't get it to start and any help would be appreciated.
On a side note, I got a NES Emulation disc that uses NesterDC. I got it from http://www.gamesunique.com and it was great, but the label has peeled off, and now I don't know if the disc will work any more. Does a DC disc have a have a silver back on it to work?

P.S. If anyone knows where I can get another NES Disc for my Dreamcast please let me know. The one I have has got tons of games from America and a lot from japan, korea, europe, etc. I would like to get another that is similar. Thanks for the help.
That disc is illegal. You can make your own FOR FREE.

EDIT: looks like they got shut down. serves 'em right.
Grayvon
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Grayvon »

Gee, thanks so much for all the helpful info! :)
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

And it sounds like your DC is overheating. and yes, the disc has to have the back on it. That is actually where the data gets read from.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Broken Dreamcast?

Post by Sweater Fish »

Smurph wrote:That disc is illegal. You can make your own FOR FREE.
That disc will be illegal, too.

...word is bondage...
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Sweater Fish wrote:That disc will be illegal, too.
Burning ROMs from your original cartridges into CDs for your own use isn't illegal. That's what Smurph meant.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube