NEO4ALL/AES alpha-preview coming soon !

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
aced411
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

lol

Post by aced411 »

Yeah right. I'll bet the two games that actually work run at like 1 fps. They can't even get most snes games running at full speed yet after all these years. Don't get me wrong it's cool to try, but there's no way people can expect all those games running.
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

lol. It won't run that slow if it is based at all on neo4all. However, it should be MUCH slower if he emulates raster effects and graphics decoding (which are needed for many of the games listed).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

theres no real need to emulate graphics (or audio) decoding, because in can be done beforehand.

there are apps to decode the gfx (and audio) roms

as an example WinKawaks will do it (although there are other smaller, better apps)

i'm just saying, but it might be something to consider (if the author reads this topic) as it would greatly lessen the burden on the emulator.

it also greatly reduces the size of the roms (when zipped) and the memory requirements on 'normal' PC emus.
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Yeah, NeoRage X works on old harware and only runs decrypted roms. I don't know any technicalities (heh is that even a word?); but "decrypted" sounds easier than "encrypted" :P
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

he said that it runs at good spped, wait and you will see !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

Quate from Chuy:

"Now, NEO4ALL/AES is early stage, but theoretically it can run all games of this list, after we have to see if all games are playables"....."Yes, really unbelievable ... but the speed and playability of UAE4ALL and NEO4ALL/CD too."
mikozero
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mikozero »

well i'll wait and see,

but i happen to know that its not that easy to write the drivers for MAME (or FBA) that'll do the P & V rom decryption on the later games correctly (those that are not currently in the official source) then theres the Neos 'transparency' . . .

(in fact there very few people even have the correct set information on some of those roms)

still, fingers crossed.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

This sounds almost too good to be true, We'll wait and see i guess.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

I wonder if this is a hoax because no offense, aquireo, you posted a game you were making a long time ago and that was the end of it. Sorry if this is a true emu but I am just having second thoughts.
Have you played dreamcast today?
Coagulus
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Coagulus »

Well, the original info was from Chui not aquireo
COAGULUS
:;;::;;;;:::;
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Why is everybody so negative? I know that you all are hoping inside for it to be true and just saying that this is not possible to kinda piss the developers so they have to prove and release info/shots/alpha... but it doesn't work that way, give them a break!

If its a hoax, it will be one of many, if not we'll have one kick-ass emulator poring more life into the veins of the DC.

Congratulations to all the developers and good luck!!!
fox68k
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by fox68k »

Coagulus wrote:Well, the original info was from Chui not aquireo
Yes, the original post was by Chui. We were testing the very first preliminar development last weekend.

Chui never dissapoints. He launched the first run in front of me, and it was really good :D I asked him to play Metal Slug X, because i love Metal Slug series and it is the smallest game not available for the CD console. Of course, there is a lot of work to do, but, for the first run, it was simply stunning!

My favorite console is the NeoGeo AES (or cartridge version). I were dreaming with an emulator for DC long time ago. I knew the first step was to put a pretty fast 68k emulator in the hands of someone like Chui. Then, help him out as much as i could.

Believe it or not, it is true. And i am very happy... thanks Chui so much!!
- fox68k -
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

thanks for the info fox68k :)
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

fox68k wrote:I asked him to play Metal Slug X, because i love Metal Slug series and it is the smallest game not available for the CD console.
Remember the Shock Troopers games; neither is available on NGCD and those are a couple of fine games :)
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Also don't forget Blazing Star, Prehistoric Isle 2 and best of all Sengoku 3!! Without even getting into the Giga Power sized games like the later KoFs or Metal Slugs, this would open a handful of very nice Neo Geo. As for the huge games, though...man, that would be amazing.

So, it's been a while isnce the first announcement and playtests, has there been any more info. Are these games really playable? How far into Metal Slug X has anyone played? What about Metal Slug 3? Or the fighters like King Of Fighters 2003? Any info?

...word is bondage...
DARKGATE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKGATE »

:? i have some of doubts, for example i play to kof 2003, when i made the super of TERRY BOGARD, the emu can made a load, and freeze for a lot of seconds?
Is possible wich this is a problem real, but repeat is an example.
Game RAGE OF THE DRAGON, use two charatters for player O_O can be wich the game load always.
Wait and see )()( however i am very excited :P
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

sorry, I did not know it was true or not. I am glad it is though maybe I can play Some KOF 97 and Fatal Fury 3. God its really been a long time since I played a SNK game >_<
Have you played dreamcast today?
Christuserloeser

Re: lol

Post by Christuserloeser »

aced411 wrote:Yeah right. I'll bet the two games that actually work run at like 1 fps. They can't even get most snes games running at full speed yet after all these years. Don't get me wrong it's cool to try, but there's no way people can expect all those games running.

:lolsmash: :funnypost:

http://www.chui.dcemu.co.uk/neo4all.html - Download and hold your breath...
Insane homebrew collector.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Sweater Fish wrote:Also don't forget Blazing Star, Prehistoric Isle 2 and best of all Sengoku 3!!
:bouncegrin: :jumpinggrins: :bouncegrin: :jumpinggrins: :bouncegrin: Oooooh, yes! :grinthumb:
Insane homebrew collector.