Tekken 3 = 8.5/10

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tekken 3 = 8.5/10

Post by Schnapple »

SegaDojo gives bcTK3 an 8.5 out of 10:

http://sega.cloudchaser.com/reviews/ind ... e=software

Not bad, I think it deserves better, but too bad the review was pretty freaking retarded:
Now, don't get too excited, Namco didn't suddenly decide some allegiance to the Dreamcast and programmed a quickie release in time for its final few months.
Thank God, I was worried.
First, the packaging is a lot more durable than the Gran Turismo 2 disc was. Instead of packing the programs in easily rippable sleeves, the emulation disc comes in a jewel case, sharply designed in blue and complete with instructions and a list of features with the program. Granted, that might be why the price was bumped up three bucks, but, hey, at least you know where your disc is.
I don't guess he gets it. He seems to indicate that bcGT2 didn't have instructions or a feature list. But hey, this is the guy who was having an easy time ripping a cardboard sleeve.
This game is also very ideal with the ASCII pad for the Capcom Vs. SNK games, so don't be afraid to plug it in.
Yeah, this sort of thing kept me up at night.
To round it out, Randy and Rod (the programmers- maybe I should call them Linden-san and Maher-san?) have made sure that the bonus modes look just as pretty as the main game itself
Just a second, I'm laughing too hard...

Seriously, though, I'm just fooling around. 8.5 isn't a bad rating at all, it's just too bad that they tend to review the game as well as the emulation process. Of course, this is the same fate that befalls those Atari 2600 and Genesis emulators for consoles as well.

Schnapple
ungod
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ungod »

i think that's more than reasonable for a game running via emulation, it is rather jerky at times but you get used to it, no real complaints here the graphical enhancements more than makes up for the minor slowdown
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Actually, the PAL version is 100% smooth... but that probably has something to do with the fact that PAL PSX versions were a tad poor in the 1st place :|
Ghaleon
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ghaleon »

Do you mean to tell me that TK3's bleempack doesn't run full speed at all times? Please clarify this for me, as it will definately affect my decision.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

I've got the NTSC version of Tekken 3 running on an NTSC DC - it runs smooth. Smooth is a perception, mainly. I tinkered with the training mode and it hiccups when you select a new menu but this could be in the game. All games experience slowdowns - it's natural. It's not like the game is getting slower, just the occasional hiccup. Nothing noticable, IMHO.

Schnapple
ScruffysApricots
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by ScruffysApricots »

nah, the PAL version plays at 60hz frame rate with no letterboxing
the ONLY slowdown i saw was when you press start or open a window (like the aforementioned training windows)

that reviewer seems to think bleem actually coded a port for DC
the bleempac just makes the DC think its a PS. all the code is obviously on a original ps ver which the reviewer must have had to actually review the game
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Nope, the letter boxing goes (PAL extension mode) but it's still running at 50hz unfortunatly, thats why it says on the box about NTSC versions running on PAL systems full-speed.....