DCplaya & BBA

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

DCplaya & BBA

Post by Nico0020 »

Im planning on getting a bba pretty soon. But I do have a question about how this player takes advantage of the BBA. Can I use it to browse files on my PC and play em though Dcplaya 2.0beta 2. Also Could i put in an address of a web station and play em through it, like the ones here http://di.fm/
*The Cadillac of signatures*
bucanero
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by bucanero »

I tested DCPlaya 2 with my BBA and it worked... I didn't test the webstation streaming thing... maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

The link works ok, but the CYGWIN version of DC-Tool for Win32 machines eat to much processor resources and kills your machine...

It works better if your host is a Linux box
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by law »

dcplaya works fine with my bba (HIT-0401) and also streams internet radio just fine

though i only tried the bookmarks which came with it (some are sadly enough outdated, would be great to be able to load new ones from a vmu file)
ImageImage
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

dcplaya works fine with my bba (HIT-0401) and also streams internet radio just fine
isint that the LAN adapter? If it is, i know u cant play games with it, but what CAN it do?
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

the BBA is the LAN adapter. :roll:
bucanero
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by bucanero »

Smurph wrote:the BBA is the LAN adapter. :roll:
No, that's not correct.

The official BBA that SEGA released in Japan (HIT-401) and in the States (HIT-400) is a 100 Mbit ethernet adapter, using a RTL8139 chip.

The so called "LAN adapter" (HIT-300) was a prototype that SEGA worked before releasing the BBA, and it's a 10 Mbit ethernet adapter, that it's not supported by any commercial game.

AFAIK, some asian online game shops got those LAN adapter prototypes and start selling them, at a cheaper price than the official BBA's.

Again, the LAN adapter is only supported by homebrew stuff...
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Im fairly certain that sega released the lan adapter officially as a cheaper alternative to the BBA that would work with their web browsers, since thats all that most use them for.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
bucanero
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by bucanero »

quzar wrote:Im fairly certain that sega released the lan adapter officially as a cheaper alternative to the BBA that would work with their web browsers, since thats all that most use them for.
I did a little research and you might be right, although the only browser that supports the LAN adapter is the japanese DreamPassport.

PlanetWeb 3.0 does not support the LAN adapter, just the BBA & the 56k modem.
zigziggy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by zigziggy »

dcplaya (as kos) is supposed to work with both the BBA and LAN adapters, however since I do not own a LAN adapter myself, I never tested that latter one, so I don't guarantee that it actually works.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

it does work with the hit-040x for sure :) and i love it
ImageImage
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Well I got my BBA now. I set it up and made a save of it to work with DCplaya. Though ive tried a lot of the streaming radio and none of them will play. I want to access files on my PC, to stream them over but i cant really figure it out. It says I need to use DCload IP. so i went to dc emu dev, but im all sorts of confused, can anyone help me out plz.
Smurph
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Smurph »

Wow. I'm a tard. I'll probably pick up a BBA at some point, so I'm glad someone told me this so I don't get ripped off. Now I know to get a HIT-400 or HIT-401. Thanks, bucanero!