UPDATE:Rage of the Streets: COMPLETE

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Tyne »

Wow. Great mod, played it all the way to the end; I ended up dying at Shiva sadly.
Some enemies can be cheap as heck, those jump kicking karate dudes from SoR2 especially along with the SoR3 ones - I've been double and even triple jump kicked while Axel was trying to get up which cost me a few lives.

The guys with guns can shoot two bullets in a row, the 2nd one is inescapable as moving up/down is slower then left/right..

This was on Easy mode also, I recommend to all those who play this mod to NOT use Windows XP... sometimes there's key input lag which occured during the fight with Shiva which got me killed on my final life and made me sad.

Is there a move list? I thought I saw Axel do his back punch once and I KNOW I saw him do his fury special but I wasn't sure on how to pull it off...

Good mod, but a bit too hard even with 9 credits and some cheese factor.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
axelblazeadam
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by axelblazeadam »

The karate guys jump kicks were even cheaper at one point, I had a hard time making them fairer.

UP UP attack produces the extra special
D D attack does the back attack.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Thanks, you should include a move list in the future heh.

I also noticed that Abedede can also hit you twice as you're getting up off the ground, he does that flying body slam after another attack (I forgot which one) and man... that hurts.

I love the bosses though, this is the best BoR mod simply because the boss fights are challenging; with other BoR mods I can breeze through 'em quite easily and the bosses can be fought the same way as the normal enemies.

As for normal enemies they're actually challenging unlike in most BoR mods where you can just run up and beat them down quite easily.

btw, I'm SO happy you included that Funk Dreamer track for the park; that's my favorite SoR track ever.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Woohoo beat it on Dreamcast! The secret characters are cool and the Boss Attack was a good idea; I died at Mr. X but I found a cheap way to take out Shiva!

I did this: walk towards him punching till your character grabs him then immediately throw him since he'll block some of your grab attacks, however he cannot block a throw which deals a good amount of damage also. If he grabs you simply do your special to knock him out of, rinse repeat. You'll most likely defeat him without losing a live!
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

Something is up on gamikaze, I get an error when getting to the threads. gotta try later...
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
katraqueyous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by katraqueyous »

katraqueyous wrote:Something is up on gamikaze, I get an error when getting to the threads. gotta try later...
Never mind, I got it from borrevolution. Good job man. Felt like I was playing one of the originals.

Peace
The people of the land were overjoyed at the gift God gave them, and they rejoiced and praised God, and chanted "DreamSNES rules, DreamSNES rules!"
drikobruschi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by drikobruschi »

-
Last edited by drikobruschi on Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ominous 0nionfrog
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ominous 0nionfrog »

I've only played the first level and a bit of the second level laast night, But I must say, This Mod Is Excellent! It Recaptures the feeling of streets of rage. I must have my fiend jeremy over some time so we can play this together, just like the old days! :cry: :D
Beautiful work, I cant wait to beat it to unlock some characters...
jaredfogle wrote: Every time you jack off, you kill thousands of "people."
Dreamcast 1000
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Dreamcast 1000 »

I love this game. This is a great modd you have here. The music is great. (love the remixs) I don't know how you do it. It looks like sega itself made the game almost. 9.9/10. My only problem though is that you can't save or anything like that.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

:x All of the games can't save. It was in the source code but Senile Team never really saw the uses for it. I'm pretty sure that one day a coder will pick it up and actually try to use the code.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
Dreamcast 1000
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Dreamcast 1000 »

I am aware of that. But I am just dreaming.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

well, i looked at the code myself and it's pretty hard to try to implement the code. It's not like a SRAM save or something. The best you can possibly get is saving the options from the game to the memory card. Other than saving your place in a game that would be kind of difficult. Now a password system or something...I can see that...a little difficult to implement but hey, it's possible.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

When I play in the computer the sound doesn't work right because i can't increase the quality higher than 11hz I don't know why.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Play it on DC using the last OpenBoR binary.
Insane homebrew collector.