Windows and all its window-ness

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ETR
Dumb
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ETR »

Hawke wrote:Well M$ won. Formatted and re-installed.

...damn M$... Damn them to the ends of the bluescreen! :evil:
Speaking of blue, Damn your sweet ass avatar.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Vchat20
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Vchat20 »

may i ask why you think it was M$'s fault here? it was your fault because you modified system files without knowing exactly what you were doing. and dont give me the BS about you knew what you were doing because obviously this wouldnt of happened if you did.

i dont know why everyone thinks that MS is the spwan of the devil himself. they are a big business like any other, and when you get that big your priorities do get out of line whether you like it or not. just look at any other big business who holds a huge market share like MS, you will see pretty much the same thing.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Hawke wrote:Well M$ won. Formatted and re-installed.

...damn M$... Damn them to the ends of the bluescreen! :evil:
I know eh? They should have been there to stop you from screwing with your system files! Greedy bastards!
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Hmph... My post I made here a few moments ago has been Baleeted! Seems for once windows isn't at fault. This censorship is the fault of a mod. A very *sensitive* mod... who works for M$ Who could he be....hmm.....

Ah well some people can't take an innocent joke, what you gonna do?

~Dant
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

DanteJay wrote:Hmph... My post I made here a few moments ago has been Baleeted! Seems for once windows isn't at fault. This censorship is the fault of a mod. A very *sensitive* mod... who works for M$ Who could he be....hmm.....

Ah well some people can't take an innocent joke, what you gonna do?

~Dant?
What the frigging hell are you talking about?

Nobody gets posts in real forums deleted for pointless reasons here, they just get moderated for content, and I doubt anyone on staff would bother deleting some random noobs posts for kicks.

Well, most of staff, but this isnt null so those who would do that wouldn't dare do it outside null.

EDIT: as it seems the only mods who've been around OT this morning are me and BA, I'd guess you just noobed up replying somehow.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Well, I certainly didn't do it.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

BlackAura wrote:Well, I certainly didn't do it.
I was fairly sure you weren't going to delete someones post for expressing an anit-MS sentiment :wink: :P
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Sure call me whatever you want. I've been around these forums for about a year or 2 and just never posted (Been too busy managing my game store). Plus I had another acount to which I had forgotten my user ID because it's been so long. Only reason I'm here now is because I'm working on DC RPG with a few friends. And well... I know how to post. The concept of clicking on the *post* button isn' hard. So when this site tells me my message has been posted successfully, oh and the fact that I actually saw my message on this board, and now it is not there... Yeah maybe someone did noob things up... but it definitely wasn't me. I'm not going to point the finger at anyone, so stop being so defensive about something you have nothing to do with :wink:

Laters
~Dant
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

DanteJay wrote:Sure call me whatever you want. I've been around these forums for about a year or 2 and just never posted (Been too busy managing my game store). Plus I had another acount to which I had forgotten my user ID because it's been so long. Only reason I'm here now is because I'm working on DC RPG with a few friends. And well... I know how to post. The concept of clicking on the *post* button isn' hard. So when this site tells me my message has been posted successfully, oh and the fact that I actually saw my message on this board, and now it is not there... Yeah maybe someone did noob things up... but it definitely wasn't me. I'm not going to point the finger at anyone, so stop being so defensive about something you have nothing to do with :wink:

Laters
~Dant?
No, it's just that theres been a rash of posts (and forums) being mysteriously deleted recently, with noone owning up to it, and I genuinely didn't see any reply by you in the time between you posting that and the last time I checked this topic :?
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Though I wouldn't say it's directly MS's fault, it is indirectly. The operating system has all of these loops tying files together. Remove or change one and you have complete failure. Like windows update breaking things (which I've had happen many times before).

Yes, it is your fault for editing the files, but it's their fault for making such a horribly close-minded system in the first place. There are just entirely too many things tied to the kernel. The OS should be designed well enough that you at least have a fighting chance of fixing your mistakes.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Ender wrote:Though I wouldn't say it's directly MS's fault, it is indirectly. The operating system has all of these loops tying files together. Remove or change one and you have complete failure. Like windows update breaking things (which I've had happen many times before).

Yes, it is your fault for editing the files, but it's their fault for making such a horribly close-minded system in the first place. There are just entirely too many things tied to the kernel. The OS should be designed well enough that you at least have a fighting chance of fixing your mistakes.
Lmao! I love the way you put that. We should at least have a *fighting* chance of fixing the mistakes we or it made. Unfortunately Windows is built like a house of playing cards, breathe too hard and it crumbles...
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Vchat20 wrote:may i ask why you think it was M$'s fault here?
Because if I'm paying for their operating system to be installed onto my computer, I'd like a little customization. Not only that, but it wasn't me that broky my pc. It was windows. It was working fine till I did the system restore. The only file I messed with, was the system themes, which, will not break windows if you edit them. All it will do, is not allow the new xp themes (silver, blue, green).

So how is attempting to revert a cosmetic file with a system restore - THEN currupting my log in so I can't even log into my pc in safe mode, NOT M$'s fault?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Because if I'm paying for their operating system to be installed onto my computer, I'd like a little customization.
It's Windows remember ;) :roll:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Hawke wrote:So how is attempting to revert a cosmetic file with a system restore - THEN currupting my log in so I can't even log into my pc in safe mode, NOT M$'s fault?

Because you FUCKED it up. simple enough.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by greay »

Random_Troll wrote:
Hawke wrote:So how is attempting to revert a cosmetic file with a system restore - THEN currupting my log in so I can't even log into my pc in safe mode, NOT M$'s fault?

Because you fudge it up. simple enough.
Well-designed software should be built in such a way to fail gracefully. This is anything but.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.