Disney battles greedy union

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Disney battles greedy union

Post by SuperMegatron »

http://channels.netscape.com/ns/pf/stor ... tm&sc=1333

Disney offered these workers a pay increase, but its not enough for these greedy workers. Unions are evil if a worker feels they arent making enough they should go look for another job. The market should dictate the pay they get, if they can fill their job openings by paying someone 7 a hour so be it. These greedy workers raise the cost of a trip to disney world for all of us. Unions were set up to keep our labor groups from going communist. Communism has been defeated unions are now useless and since we are a free market capitalist country we should outlaw unions.

Let the flaming commence
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Or you could just cut healthcare costs so stuff like this wouldn't happen in the first place. Sorry if I'm being too libertarian about it.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

fatheadpi wrote:Or you could just cut healthcare costs so stuff like this wouldn't happen in the first place. Sorry if I'm being too libertarian about it.
Healthcare costs arent disney's concern the average company spends 3600 a year on healthcare for their employees disney spends more then that and offers benefits to gay couples they are very good to their employees but these people want to bleed them dry.
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

if disney didnt have billions in the bank, i would be more sympathetic to their position.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Unions can be a good thing, but they like everything can be abused. The coal miners used to go on strike every november for 2 weeks so they could deer hunt in Wv at one point in time. Think they put a stop to that though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

They're pissed at the prospect of losing overtime pay?
Douche bags. That is just greedy.
No signature.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Unions are evil if a worker feels they arent making enough they should go look for another job. The market should dictate the pay they get, if they can fill their job openings by paying someone 7 a hour so be it.
If the owners of Disney can organize and act collectively in offering employment, why should their employees not be allowed to organize and act collectively in accepting employment?
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

SuperMegatron, I've come to the conclusion you are the biggest idiot on the forums.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

SuperMegatron wrote:Unions are evil if a worker feels they arent making enough they should go look for another job. The market should dictate the pay they get
(...)
since we are a free market capitalist country we should outlaw unions.
Oh yeah, great. And then all companies will realize that if all them change their employee's payment to the price of a banana, their employees will have no option but to accept it.

A group of people using a right in the wrong way isn't an excuse to deny said right to everyone.

You're one step closer to be a fascist.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
weeperofsouls
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by weeperofsouls »

Xylene wrote:SuperMegatron, I've come to the conclusion you are the biggest idiot on the forums.
that says a lot, considering he is up against some pretty stiff competition for that dubious honor.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Xylene wrote:SuperMegatron, I've come to the conclusion you are the biggest idiot on the forums.
Wanting to outlaw unions is republican talk. Doing that would basically screw the middle class people over. Actually Bush Senior outlawed the railroad from going on strike since it just about shuts the country down. So now we got a union with the railroad and we can not even strike. That is why in the past few years things have gone way down hill. They have taken away a lot of pay from the older guys out there, they raised our healthcare cost but yet lowered our benefits.

Back around 1988ish the average train crew considered of 3 to 5 people. Now almost all of them have 2 people. They have piled on more and more work for smaller and smaller crews and thanks to Bush Senior there isn't a damn thing we can do about it, short of quiting. And despite what they said it does not shut the country down, it just slows it down. Even when they was on strike there was a agreement to run a certain amount of coal trains (which is supposedly what the whole stink was about).

Nobody should be cheated out of overtime pay. If a person has to work over 40 hours a week they deserve extra pay for it. Also if overtime was elimated companies would hire fewer people and just overwork the ones they got now. I remember when I worked security and many times ended up working 50 and 60 hour weeks. Heck one time a guy quit on the spot and I actually had 70 hours in 1 week. I deserved every penny of that overtime pay for doing that. It still was not much since it was a minimum wage job to begin with.

Also since people keep voteing people like Bush into office Healthcare is a MAJOR concern over employment. You can not expect a middle class person to be able to afford any type of medical treatment without health insurence. I really don't think people understand how much medical bills can cost. My friend had a kidney stone and made the mistake of going to the emergency room without insurance. His bill was $2500 and all they did was xray him, give him 2 pain pills, and they told him he had a kidney stone. If you have to spend any amount of time in the hospital it can get into the 10,000 and higher range. A Middle class person can not afford that, heck even rich people would be hurt trying to pay that.

The sad thing is if your a dirt poor welfare lazy ass who doesn't want to work you can get 100% free healthcare. Yet the people who work for a living and pay taxes can't get any help from the government at all for healthcare, we just have to pay taxes so the welfare and bums of the country can have it. That is what really makes me mad.
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

Veggita2099 wrote: The sad thing is if your a dirt poor welfare lazy ass who doesn't want to work you can get 100% free healthcare. Yet the people who work for a living and pay taxes can't get any help from the government at all for healthcare, we just have to pay taxes so the welfare and bums of the country can have it. That is what really makes me mad.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

farrell2k wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote: The sad thing is if your a dirt poor welfare lazy ass who doesn't want to work you can get 100% free healthcare. Yet the people who work for a living and pay taxes can't get any help from the government at all for healthcare, we just have to pay taxes so the welfare and bums of the country can have it. That is what really makes me mad.
No signature.
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

The sad thing is if your a dirt poor welfare lazy ass who doesn't want to work you can get 100% free healthcare.
Can someone point me to the agency that runs this program? I'd like to see how it's implemented.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

SuperMegatron, I've come to the conclusion you are the biggest idiot on the forums.
Hey Xylene we actually agree on something

The sad thing is if your a dirt poor welfare lazy ass who doesn't want to work you can get 100% free healthcare. Yet the people who work for a living and pay taxes can't get any help from the government at all for healthcare, we just have to pay taxes so the welfare and bums of the country can have it. That is what really makes me mad.
exactly. That's why I work cash only :wink:
Adam3000
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Adam3000 »

Its a tie, between him and zerotype and eviln :)
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Adam3000 wrote:
Its a tie, between him and zerotype and eviln :)
And cless, dont you agree?
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

You might be right .....but what would the current events forum be with out me? Just a bunch of stories of men falling in septic tanks, mindless bush bashing and the weekly war update. Wow exciting..... I get you guys talking and expressing your views.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

toastman wrote:They're pissed at the prospect of losing overtime pay?
Douche bags. That is just greedy.
They are guaranteed 32 hours of work per week and they are worried about part time workers taking their overtime pay that is greedy.Its far cheaper for the company to hire part timers to work those extra hours. I dont see any reason for them to be complaining the bus driver in the article makes 13 bucks a hour thats basically a unskilled labor job he is being paid well he is getting health care and other perks when is enough a enough.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

First of all, just because someone can't afford healthcare doesn't mean they shouldn't have healthcare. Deny them healthcare and we would have epidemics on our hands every other week. It's a Catch-22; worry about your own financial situation and don't worry about the situation of others.

Part 2: Supermegatron, Eviln, and zerotype are idiots? Well, I guess you can class me into that group.

Too many people on this board complain and whine like a bunch of bitches. I can guess pretty much anything what most of you would say on any topic.

My only advice to the lot of you: don't worry about someone else's situation, worry about yourselves. If I had to take a look at some of your lives I'm almost sure it smells like pooh. Yet, we like to comment on others...a lot....

Like someone else said, Image