New game coming - NO PROMISES

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
carbon14
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New game coming - NO PROMISES

Post by carbon14 »

Here is a screenshot for the latest game I'm working on.

http://submarine.org.uk/vex/vex.png

It's a sliding block puzzle game with scripted animated images.

This screen shot is from Tech Demo number 3. It shows the script engine correctly interpreting a script, and the polygon transform and clipping engine rendering the polygons generated by the script onto the sliding tiles.

This is currently running on my PC, I have NOT compiled this up with the DC platform code yet.

Don't hold your breath for this, I'm notoriously bad at finishing things.
Oh my god, he's one of those cyborgs.

Luckily he's on our side.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Cool and welcome to the scene :)
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

very cool work !

nice see new people working on dc scene!
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: New game coming - NO PROMISES

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

carbon14 wrote:Don't hold your breath for this, I'm notoriously bad at finishing things.
You and me both man.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Re: New game coming - NO PROMISES

Post by toastman »

carbon14 wrote:Here is a screenshot for the latest game I'm working on.

http://submarine.org.uk/vex/vex.png

It's a sliding block puzzle game with scripted animated images.

This screen shot is from Tech Demo number 3. It shows the script engine correctly interpreting a script, and the polygon transform and clipping engine rendering the polygons generated by the script onto the sliding tiles.

This is currently running on my PC, I have NOT compiled this up with the DC platform code yet.

Don't hold your breath for this, I'm notoriously bad at finishing things.
Like everyone else has said so far, welcome. And I seriously thought the name of the game was No Promises, at first. It should be though. :D

BTW, Programming Forum is a great place for help if you ever need it.
Also, if you use IRC at all, irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev is a channel with mostly developers in it.
No signature.
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

neat shot, man. i spent so much time in the slide puzzle bonus game in KoF2k... great style of puzzle.
i hope you feel good in finishing it, and would be good if we coud get a engine to make our own images ;)
carbon14
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by carbon14 »

Wow,

thanks for the welcome.

I've been mostly lurking here for a while now. I got into the Dreamcast last year and I'm using KOS 1.1.9 on cygwin. I'll move up to a later version of KOS when I have a decent linux partition to work with. (No space at present)

This is really my third project, I'm still working on a port of an old DOS game, and I rushed a little game for the G.O.A.T. competition.

So far I'm fairly confident that I can do what I want with KOS, but I pop into the programming forums every so often, and I'm on the cadev mailing list to keep up with the progress of KOS

All of my DC projects so far have been developed from a platform independant point of view, so I'm not really making full use of the DC capabilities, but it should be real easy to port to other platforms later. I usually work on the PC because development is fast, and just use the DC occasionally when I'm actually testing the platform specific parts. I've only got a programmer's cable and the serial port so, it's slow to test stuff on the DC.

I'm hoping to get the program compiled for DC this week and if that happens, I may be able to post a Techdemo for download.

I like the title 'NO PROMISES' but not for this game. It sounds like it should be an action - adventure.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, I'll keep you posted.
Oh my god, he's one of those cyborgs.

Luckily he's on our side.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Spiffy, Welcome to DCEmu.