I Love the 90's

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Warmachine »

Did they have Saved By The Bell at all mentioned?! :lol:
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Warmachine wrote:Did they have Saved By The Bell at all mentioned?! :lol:
It was on I Love the 80s Strikes Back for 1989.

Oh yeah, I watched 1991 today... It was OK. It still isn't nearly as good as either 80s one or the 70s though. I miss the dude from Blade and that other TV show, what's-his-face.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I think they should have waited. I love the 70s and 80s was cool because you were all like "Hey look it's ALF, I haven't seen that show in ages, boy that brings back memories. But the 90s? Hey remember all those classic shows from the 90s King of Queens, Everybody Loves Raymond, Step by Step. The first two are still making new episodes. Sheesh. This should have came out around 2015.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

They should have had I love the 70s strike back or I love the 80s strike again.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I'm sure they will. Then once they do those, they'll probably do "I Love The First Half Of The '00s" followed by "I Will Have Been Loving The '10s"
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

Why not "I love the 60s"?
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

I still can't get over how stupid it is to have I love the 90s. It was 5 years ago. :?
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

S. Thompson wrote:Yup - too early. The 90's were alright - I grew up during 'em - some of the music was pretty good - we had Stone Temple Pilots, Collective Soul, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Cranberries, Foo Fighters, Radiohead...
I LOVED 90's alternative. I was obsessed with the whole grunge thing. And Kurt Cabain was the best EVER. I remember the first time I saw the "Smells like Teen Spirit" video. I just sat there in shock at how awesome it was. The next week I went out and bought Nevermind on TAPE. Yeah...tape. I paid $14 for it, and it was worth every penny. I also bought the Smashing Pumpkins "Siamese Dream" and Pearl Jam's "Ten" on tape. Ah...those were the days :D I miss the 90's...but I do believe it's a bit early for VH1 to be doing "I love the 90's"

Oh yeah...and the reason I put Collective Soul in bold is because I was living in Stockbridge, GA when "Shine" hit the radio...AND I'm going to see them July 30 :D
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

EvilN wrote:Why not "I love the 60s"?
Most of the people who are old enough to remember it aren't "Cool" enough for them, that's my suspicion. I'd love to see another series of the 80s ones, as the 80s are so much funnier and have so much more pop crap than any other decade.
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Vlad Tepes wrote:Oh yeah...and the reason I put Collective Soul in bold is because I was living in Stockbridge, GA when "Shine" hit the radio...AND I'm going to see them July 30 :D
Aren't they supposed to be recording a new album or something? Where's Impetus? He and I were discussing this a few months ago.

- Fuzmeister
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

could u just imagine calvera in 10 years pimping to NWA and bone thugs n harmony. can't wait to see the results.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

404: I have an ancient PCI RageXL TV-tuner card. I have never been able to get the friggin' thing to tune in TV, but apparently it can. I'm just sick of mucking with it. It does have a regular video-in jack so you could hook a Dreamcast to it or whatever. If you want to try making it tune TV you can have it...
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

spaghetti wrote:404: I have an ancient PCI RageXL TV-tuner card. I have never been able to get the friggin' thing to tune in TV, but apparently it can. I'm just sick of mucking with it. It does have a regular video-in jack so you could hook a Dreamcast to it or whatever. If you want to try making it tune TV you can have it...
Nah, i need to spend my time studying and playing addictive flash games.
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

yeah the whole ''the 90's '' thing is stupid it was only a few years ago.
The 90's media-wise was mainly made up of Puff Daddy, the Spice Girl's, Clinton and the O.J Trial,
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

How about a series of "I Love The 30's", featuring Hal Sparks explaining how he spent his time during the Great Depression?
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

EvilN wrote:Why not "I love the 60s"?
probably cuz everyone in the 60s did drugs that made them love everything. itd take a decade to go thru it all :lol:
Sephiroth
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sephiroth »

MetalGearRay wrote:How about a series of "I Love The 30's", featuring Hal Sparks explaining how he spent his time during the Great Depression?
I would so tune in to watch that, it would get the best rating's ever.
Ultimate Evil... :headbang:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Wow, I was watching this and was....shocked.

On the '95 episode, during the segment about Babe, they actually played like 2 seconds of Blur - Country House. This is the first time I've ever heard this song ever get any recognition in the US. Very nice. I love this show, now.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Kenichi wrote:Wow, I was watching this and was....shocked.

On the '95 episode, during the segment about Babe, they actually played like 2 seconds of Blur - Country House. This is the first time I've ever heard this song ever get any recognition in the US. Very nice. I love this show, now.
I was inspired to listen to Barbie Girl by their mention of it. That song cracks me up everytime - the guy who is Ken is so ****ing hilarious it gets me everytime. His voice kicks ass.
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

just watched the 96 one, that one was pretty funny. The brothers gallagher aka oasis always fighting, god i miss watching mtv when they were on, always fighting / argueing with each other. The thing about twister was kinda funny too, the belt holding them onto a bar through a tornado, ya right, god it was hillarious.

i agree though that this is on to early, it was only a few years ago, and damnit, watching the i love the 80's made me feel old, but this makes me feel like im a frickin old man :oops:
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.