Dream On Magazine needs a name change: need name suggestions

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

I would even pay you $20 if you could burn me a DC CD with SNES Earthbound on it.
This is going offtopic, but you can burn your own Earthbound DC disc if you own the SNES game. Please visit the DreamSNES forum here and start reading thru the FAQs.
Welcome to all the new forum members \o/
Insane homebrew collector.
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Post by Styrofoam »

MetaFox wrote:I understand enough Kana and Kanji to get by actually. :)

I've been teaching myself Japanese for a couple of years, ever since I started a game translation "group". I never really put the knowledge to good use, as the only translation I released just translated the title screen.
Well here's the perfect opportunity to put it to good use ;)
tony2004
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by tony2004 »

i havent been here in a long time, i just came to say hell yeah ill buy it.
Dreamcast: Its Thinking
Katslover
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Of Course!

Post by Katslover »

I would be more than happy to show my support for the Dreamcast community by purchasing this publication. Even more so, I am quite interested in writing for it, although I assume this is out of the question since you seem to be going at it alone (in some form or fashion, I couldn't find the publication details) and are done with all of the grunt work for this issue, at least. MetaFox, if you are interested at all, though, I would love to further discuss this, as writing has always been the thing I love most..well..besides my woman 8-P. Anyhow, thanx for taking the time to ready my post, and I hope you have a nice day...or night..or whatever, it's nearly 4 AM here >_<.
We are parasites, and the world is our host.
DaMan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DaMan »

I came to this site jus to vote Yes!!
let us know how you will accept payment.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

i pay $10 for the retro gamer mag, ill def. buy this for 5$...

are you going to make banners so you can advertise your mag places, for the people on here who have there sites (like riva n stuff), and when i get my modding site back up (tryin to figure out legal stuff right now), i will be more than happy to post the banner for nothin.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Aretak
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Aretak »

I'd buy it. Heck, I'll pay $10 plus postage for a copy if you ship to the UK.
Tvspelsfreak
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by Tvspelsfreak »

I'll definitely buy it. :wink:
https://github.com/tvspelsfreak/texconv - Converts images into any texture format supported on the DC.
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

ohhh sing with me south australia is povo state =) jk.

anyways ill defiently be getting this magazine if i havent already posted this. anyone from victoria, melbourne here )question mark, lol, i donno where the key is on the european keyboard)

yes i think ive found a dreamcast....does thirty euro sound descent for a second hand )question mark)
Goshikyu
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Goshikyu »

YES!
i shall buy one 8-)
shen2
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by shen2 »

YES! :dc:
white dream machine
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by white dream machine »

I'm on it, if you can ship it to Brasil. But even if you cant I'm happy just to know that a magazzine is being made for DC. :lol:
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Metafox, if you're interested in doing a seperate run for Europe. (making payment & shipping easier/cheaper) contact me. A price of 7.50 euro including shipping inside Europe should be do-able. Payment could be done with banking as transferring money to other countries is FREE these days. (bank->bank)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Holy--if the poll is accurate (which I'm assuming it ultimately won't be...but that's life), that'll be over 100 sales already. Not too shabby.
www.segaforums.com
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by www.segaforums.com »

Dude, if you want me to, i can link to the order page of the magazine once it's out. I'm sure it will help. :wink:
www.segaforums.com
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by www.segaforums.com »

By the way, if you need some professional help on DTP stuff (Photoshop, Illustrator, Quark Xpress, Indesign, CPDF) contact me at dick@segaforums.com. I'd be glad to help. :)
Currently on holiday. Will be back somewhere in August.
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

@LeGIt

Your right over here in the ODM the coverdisc was called Dream On so I think a name change here in the U.K would be needed. How about Dreaming On? :D

I like the Prophet][ idea of letting one trusty person from a different country to distribute to their territory, however I do think this could cause more problems as suppose that person doesn't pass the copies on and this could give MetaFox a lot of headaches.

I personally would buy a copy of the mag I dont mind paying the extra for shipping to the U.K especially if I can pay via PayPal. :D

Can't wait to see the first printed issus MetaFox good luck with it buddy. :)
Regards.

CyberMick.
Mrfiddlez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Mrfiddlez »

Heya,
Ive been Eyeing out this pot for a while,
Im In australia (WA), so maybe i think it was Prophe][ that is in aus that i could send him a money order by australian post? so dunno.... also, why is there no info of Dream On on the actual Dream On website or Forums
James
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Mrfiddlez wrote:there no info of Dream On on the actual Dream On website or Forums
There will be. The site is just a shell at the moment - there is no content on the site at all - just random news and a forum. Wraggster gave the site "featured site" status at DCHomebrew earlier today, so I'm going to have to start adding content - which I'll be doing all week. Information about the magazine will be the first content to be added.

I've been replying in topics about this magazine in topics all over the internet, and I've been losing track of what information is posted where.

I'll add a FAQ to the site as soon as I start adding content to the site this week. But, for now, here's my post from the Sega forums about the latest state of the magazine:
MetaFox wrote:It's not out yet. This is all done soley by me at the moment. Magazine printing is a pricey business. I was weighing my options, and I've decided that interest is high enough to warrant a news stand quality release, but there are factors that prevent immediate release:

1) Most importantly, CD pressing for multi-session Dreamcast MIL-CD format CDs is quite new, and there are no companies that are set up for them. The GOAT store has had problems with their latest releases in which the error checking set up for MAC/PC multi-session discs caused the Dreamcast to detect the disc as an audio CD. I'm talking with Dan Loosen about this, as I don't want to make the same mistakes.

2) I was planning on a small print run on cheap, stapled paper, but I'm opting for newstand quality instead. It's going to be 24 pages on "Standard" Size (8 3/8" X 10 3/4") coated paper on Heat Set Web Presses, stitched - with no advertisements. I don't yet have the funds for this, so I'm going to be selling some of my video game collection, and seeing if I can get a loan for this.

BuzzTron_451, you're making me out to be some sort of money-grubbing thief. This is all coming out of my pocket, and I won't be making a profit on this. I need to sell 1900 copies to even break even. This has never been about profit for me, but rather, for showcasing the talents of the developers and artists who still support the Dreamcast. Besides, it's $5US, it's not like you are going to break the bank to purchase it.
Yes, I'm going with a lot more expensive print run - but given the fact that this has spread to Sega sites all over the internet, I think that selling 2000 copies is not such a lofty goal - plus the quality will be outstanding. :)
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

i think that slashdot will get a hold of this too ;)
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.