DC divx help

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC divx help

Post by Link2k4 »

I tried encoding Dcdivx to work and i either get unsynched sound and video or it loads the move and just shows the begging and freezes while the sound continues to play. I made 3 disc like that , I am trying to encode live stuff. I tried using a Divx for dummies,didn't work. can some one tell me step by step how to get this working perfect if not near perfect. tell me what resuloution it whould be and KPS a sec. really detaled info in how to burn a flawless copy would be helpful. I have virtual dub, os please if someone can help I would be happy. thanks for taking the time to read this.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Which version of the DivX codec are you using? People have reported problems with versions newer than 5.0.2, so check http://www.oldversion.com for an older version of the codec.

As for the desynching problem, that is most commonly caused by the audio and video being different lengths. Take one of the vids that has a synch problem and watch it in Windows Media Player. If the sound is in synch, then my guess is that this is your problem.

To get the audio and video to be the same length, the easiest way is to simply trim the beginning and end of the video. Cut of the opening and ending credits or something. To do this, open your video in VDub. If you've already re-encoded it, then set the audio and video to "Direct Stream Copy." If you're re-encoding it, then set the settings according to the tutorial you've been using.

To actually perform the trim is quite simple. Notice the buttons and the cursor below the preview windows. Two of the buttons are black arrows. Move the cursor to a point a few seconds into the movie, and click the arrow that looks something like this: <_
Then, move the cursor to a point a few seconds before the movie ends, and click the _> button. Then, save the new avi as you did before.

Hope that helps. If not, post again. I may have missed something in there because it was done from memory and I haven't done any encoding in the last few months. Those instructions should be fairly complete, though, as I did quite a bit of experimenting with DCDivX a while back.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

I have codec 5.0.2. would direct stream copy eat tons of HD space though? I only got 2 GIGs left.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Direct Stream Copy will make the new video with the same settings as the source. So, if you load a video you've already encoded for DCDivX, then it's not going to make a super-huge file because it's going to preserve the same codec, compression, etc.
Daikath
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Daikath »

I am having the same problem, one file plays perfectly, without a hitch. But the second file at first has asynchronous audio and video and then starts getting a very low framerate before and then just freezes at one frame while the sound plays on and it doesnt catch up.

I am using full proccesing mode with the Divx 5.0 codec at 500 kpb after having both used virtualdub to scan for badframes as I have used avifix to fix the file. The file is within the resolution specified in the DCDivx4Dummies tutorial.

Sound is also properly configured, but that plays along as it should anyways.

Can anyone help me?

edit:Also both files were encoded with the exact same settings.
Last edited by Daikath on Fri May 21, 2004 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Daikath
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Daikath »

edit: double post.
Daikath
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Daikath »

Now it works. I got a large mpeg file and converted into divx with Drdivx (encoded it in another codec and back to divx later cuz drdivx used a newer codec and virtualdub would get image and sound out of sync). Only with the second ep I used a modified setting there, even though later it went back and fort with codec and recoding it somehow still carried something through wich Dvdivx couldt take.
skakidd
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by skakidd »

hey i need some help with VirtualDub...i cant get that mpeg layer 3 list where you select 32 kbit/s, 22050 Hz, mono 4kbs
any ideas?
rustcoal132
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by rustcoal132 »

how do you convert mpeg to avi? anyone, post a link to any d/l please
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

skakidd wrote:hey i need some help with VirtualDub...i cant get that mpeg layer 3 list where you select 32 kbit/s, 22050 Hz, mono 4kbs
any ideas?
Do you have an mp3 codec installed on your computer? You won't get the option to encode to mp3 unless you have an mp3 encoder (LAME is probably the most popular, so do a search for LAME.exe and you should find it)
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.