Your thoughts on e3...

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mkjones »

compacho wrote:nice way to promote your site. I won't be visiting.
:lol: ohh stick you :wink:
Dust on the Dreamcast
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I was at E3 pretty much all day each day. How the hell did you guys get to see Halo 2? I couldn't find anything about it. Did you guys have a media pass to see it? I thought Halo 2 and San Andreas where media only?

I definately agree it was insanly loud. It was my first one and I kind of expected it.

I saw some good stuff. Donkey Konga looks promising if you don't mind playing with bongos. Katamari Damashii was hilarious and very fun but I dont know if a US release is possable. I played Metroid Prime 2 4 players and that was pretty nice.

I thought Nintendo's whole area has plenty of stuff to play and the lines were short. I got lucky with the DS line. Doom 3 I had to wait for what seemed like atleast 30 minutes to play.

The wait for Halflife 2 trailer was huge. I didn't wait. It looked like hours every time I went by. I tried going a hour before close each day and they weren't taking any lines. I was hopeing to get a shirt of Gordon at least.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

JuddWack wrote:I was at E3 pretty much all day each day. How the hell did you guys get to see Halo 2? I couldn't find anything about it. Did you guys have a media pass to see it? I thought Halo 2 and San Andreas where media only?
MS had a 9 minute Halo 2 multiplayer demo as part of thier pre E3 press conference. That brilliant video and all the glowing written impressions from journalists who got to play it behind closed doors have sent the game to the top of many "most wanted" lists, if it wasn't there already. I don't think San Andreas was even at the show. All that I've seen so far are some screenshots and basic information about how the new game will work.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

CoasterKing wrote:
JuddWack wrote:I was at E3 pretty much all day each day. How the hell did you guys get to see Halo 2? I couldn't find anything about it. Did you guys have a media pass to see it? I thought Halo 2 and San Andreas where media only?
MS had a 9 minute Halo 2 multiplayer demo as part of thier pre E3 press conference. That brilliant video and all the glowing written impressions from journalists who got to play it behind closed doors have sent the game to the top of many "most wanted" lists, if it wasn't there already. I don't think San Andreas was even at the show. All that I've seen so far are some screenshots and basic information about how the new game will work.
Or in other words, someone elses opinions :P
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Nyarlathotep wrote: Or in other words, someone elses opinions :P
Indeed and I will rely on other people's previews and first impressions/opinions until I get a job as a games journo (ie. never since it's a crap, low paid job in most instances :P ).