The segaton is in!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Mask of Destiny
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Mask of Destiny »

The OK Pope wrote:Sega's announcement will be made at 10pm pacific time. We'll know then what the "big news" is.
Where did you hear that?
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

http://www.gamespy.com/articles/510/510519p1.html

Sega is letting the media know that it will make a "explosive announcement" during the Electronic Entertainment Expo on May 12th at 10:00 AM PST.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

no, the big news was matrix online for the pc.......
e3expo.com wrote:And then there's that MMORPG that re-creates the virtual world of The Matrix that Sega's holding a briefing on today at its booth from 10:00 a.m. to noon. Dubbed The Matrix Online, the PC game shipping this fall will offer "wire-fu" combat, an extensive mission structure, and completely customizable skills and abilities. Whoa.
well, sega was right, no one guessed it.......

although, about the explosive thing, i guess sega working w/ warner bros. is kinda good for them....

im not a fan for mmorpg's, (or rpg's) so this year from sega was kinda dissapointing...

IMO, so far, i think ninty has one w/ the ds..... im def. gonna be gettin one of those........

also, w/ that and the backward's compatibility w/ the gba games, there should def be a full speed+sound snes, etc emus soon.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

Sega announces new Phantasy Star title

Action RPG Phantasy Star Universe will breathe new life into the hallowed series.
Today at its E3 booth, Sega revealed it is working on a new Phantasy Star game, an action RPG entitled Phantasy Star Universe.

The publisher made no mention of Phantasy Star Universe at its "surprise" press announcement this morning, where the only thing shown was a multiplayer demo of the Matrix Online. It didn't divulge much more information about the early-in-development game at its booth, either, other than show a trailer for Universe. No info on platforms or release date were made available.

The Phantasy Star Universe trailer contained only prerendered CG footage starring characters and environments that looked stylistically similar to those seen in the recent Phantasy Star Online games. We observed one character fighting monsters with electro-blades, another animal-like warrior speeding through a desert environment, and a purple-haired girl with some resemblance to Phantasy Star II's Nei as we watched the trailer.

The Phantasy Star series began eons ago on the Sega Master System. After four popular single-player RPGs, the series took a multi-year hiatus and then reemerged on the Dreamcast in the form of Phantasy Star Online. Despite the series' recent focus on online play, Sega representatives are mum about whether Universe will center on off- or online play. Since the combat in the game is real-time instead of turn-based, it could go either way.

We'll bring you more details on Phantasy Star Universe as soon as they become available. In the meantime, keep an eye on GameSpot for the game's first trailer later today.

By Brad Shoemaker -- GameSpot
POSTED: 05/12/04 01:35PM PST
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

The publisher made no mention of Phantasy Star Universe at its "surprise" press announcement this morning, where the only thing shown was a multiplayer demo of the Matrix Online. It didn't divulge much more information about the early-in-development game at its booth, either, other than show a trailer for Universe.
so wich is it, matrix or psu
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE, SEGA DIDN'T BUILD THE HYPE. WE DID. WE DID!!!!! NOW SAY IT WITH ME, "WE BUILT UP THE HYPE NOT SEGA."

(sorry for the caps but i had to.)
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

just curious, but who were you saying that too?
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

In a couple months they should be like, April fools!! Dreamcast 2 bitchs! :lol: Then release a shitload of games for it.
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

Skater_dusto wrote:In a couple months they should be like, April fools!! Dreamcast 2 bitchs! :lol: Then release a poop of games for it.
:lol2:

Oh, well. I had my hopes slightly up for a second when I heard "10pm pacific time," but, I've been slowly digesting the fact that the Matrix Online presentation was the big announcement... I mean; That's big, right? An MMORPG that will reach out to gamers that wouldn't consider trying EQ and don't know anything about PSO, as well as even more people that don't know that they're casual gamers yet. As soon as I saw mention of a title named "Matrix Online" at GameStop a few months ago, I thought, "why didn't they think of that before? It makes so much sense, and it could be big!" We'll see how well it does, of course!
compacho wrote:ONCE AGAIN PEOPLE, SEGA DIDN'T BUILD THE HYPE. WE DID. WE DID!!!!! NOW SAY IT WITH ME, "WE BUILT UP THE HYPE NOT SEGA."
I built up the hype... :( :wink:

... but I didn't mind having the hope! All in all, it does seem to be shaping up to be a decent E3... the first one that I've really paid attention to, in fact... and it's not over yet, right? Keeping the good times rolling, and looking forward to Sega's hopfully-eventual return to the home console hardware business! 8-)
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

It was never going to be hardware. EVER.

Its amazingly fun to see how many "closet dreamast hopers" there are. When anybody metions the DC being brought back to life youre all over them shouting "n00b!" but then as soon as SEGA say theyre going to make an announcement, you suddenly all run around expecting it to be a portable Dreamcast or the Dreamcast 2.

Dont you get it yet?
SEGA has left the world of hardware, they did it quite a while ago now, thats it. Finished. Its not a temporary measure. They have no place in the hardware market anymore, and theyre making profit now. Theyre not going to go back on their decisions.

Yes, I agree, that announcement was a bit of a let down. But at no point did I ever think it would be hardware, and anybody who did, is a fool.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

:|
Dust on the Dreamcast
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

scykon wrote:They have no place in the hardware market anymore, and theyre making profit now.
Of course SEGA has a place in the hardware market... If SEGA was in the hardware market I'd personally be able to give them more of my money... Why? Because I'm not buying 3-4 Freakin systems to play all the games I want that should be on one. I've always enjoyed SEGA's games the best. I find more enjoyment from Phantasy Star than I do Final Fantasy, Sonic is more of a fun Character then a plumber trippin on mushrooms, Shining Force is my all time favorite series. I'd much rather have all the games I want the most on just one system, perhaps I'll just have to make me a computer specifically for Console emulation.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I read a rumour that Digital Rex will show something nice on Friday. Then again I also read on IGN that Soul Calibur III would be an Xbox exclusive so take the Digital Rex news with a pinch of salt :lol:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Lord_Ball wrote: Of course SEGA has a place in the hardware market... If SEGA was in the hardware market I'd personally be able to give them more of my money... Why? Because I'm not buying 3-4 Freakin systems to play all the games I want that should be on one. I've always enjoyed SEGA's games the best. I find more enjoyment from Phantasy Star than I do Final Fantasy, Sonic is more of a fun Character then a plumber trippin on mushrooms, Shining Force is my all time favorite series. I'd much rather have all the games I want the most on just one system, perhaps I'll just have to make me a computer specifically for Console emulation.
Sad thing is, not everyone thinks like that. I do, however. But not everyone will agree with you on this :(

And btw, good to see you're still using that sig inspired by me. :D
Still think you need a better DC pic though :wink:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

I wasn't going to say anything, since I'm not totally clear on this... but, isn't Sega working with Imagination Technologies on something? There was that press release from a while ago, and unless they're using an advanced PowerVR chip to make a neat sculpture, I'd say that they are still in the hardware business... Plus, there is that Triforce that I still know very little about and yet, seem to like to mention a lot. :lol:

I have read that they've contributed to its hardware, which lends the idea that after the NAOMI 2, they didn't stray very far; and, if a NAOMI 3 does come out, then it could show that they haven't left at all... Notice this, on System 16:
System 16 wrote: Added Next Generation Hardware page, and added Virtua Fighter 5 and Sega Rally 3 to it. There isnt any publically hinted name for this new hardware, but it's apparently not based on any current console technology and is a significant advance in technology from currently available arcade hardware.
Of course, there could be some new arcade hardware from another developer, but, we'll find out when the time comes.

I also have to say that I am with you two, Lord_Ball and Skynet. Nintendo has always been great, and being able to play the PS2 games that I thought might "turn me over to the dark side" when the system was launched in the US was pretty fun, but, I've found that it's the Sega games that I really connect with. Even the strange ones, even the lesser ones; All of them seemed more enjoyable than their cousins on whichever other system. They simply seem to be tuned to a different wavelength than the one that I'm on, and even as much as I can appreciate things like Yoshi's Island and be tantalized by Devil May Cry, I feel that they're not meant for me. They welcome me to play them, and I enjoy them to a fair degree, but, there's always something in the back of my mind... Some slight amount of doubt, or something.

Sega feels like home, and I'm hardly being a fanboy here. For whatever reason, that's simply how I feel... and if this new hardware does end up being from Sega, then I simply look forward to the possibility. Now, I think that there is a difference between "expecting" and "hoping," but, I'm willing to be called a "fuel" whenever Sega is involved. A fuel for love. 8-)
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Skynet wrote: Still think you need a better DC pic though :wink:
How's this one? it even has a VMU!!!!!
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker

Post by liltimmyw »

Why on earth was the whole Warner Bros./Matrix Online announcement their megaton? Honestly, PSU would have been a better "megaton" announcement than that. I might have been more interested if they had said nothing about Matrix Online before, but everyone already knew about it.

Sega, you upset me.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

liltimmyw wrote:Sega, you upset me.
Well, there is always the Tokyo Game Show in September. Segaton 2!!!!!111!1