Best Online store besides EBAY for DC imports?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Chuck D. Head
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best Online store besides EBAY for DC imports?

Post by Chuck D. Head »

I am thinking of getting Rez, Ikaruga, Guilty Gear X, and possible
the Dreammovie player with a remote. Where is the best place to get these?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I'm in the same boat as you; I really want Rez, Ikaruga, Headhunter, Border Down, and the upcoming Psyvariar 2 and Puyo Puyo Fever. But I don't want to spend like $400 importing just those five games...that's more than I paid for my entire Dreamcast setup thus far (what can I say? I bargain-shop and buy stuff used)

But if you're just looking for a quick-and-easy purchase, you can try:

http://www.lik-sang.com (they're very friendly to the DC scene, as well)
http://www.play-asia.com
or, there's a list of import sites at http://dreamcast.ign.com

Hope this is helpful.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Yay; I can't count :-D
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

::counts:: But you... oh. Ohhh... ! :lol:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Not only can't I count; I can't even remember. I forgot that Capcom vs SNK2 is also gonna have to be an import for me (bumping the count to seven)...but this dilutes my point. What I'm trying to say is that it's frustrating to have the games be anywhere from $50 to $80 each, plus international shipping. I can tell you where to FIND these things, but finding them at a reasonable price is another issue entirely.
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

I hear that... In my case, I sort of missed out on the prime of the DC's life, due to other other arrangements and interests (and responsibilities). I knew that I didn't have any money to spend, and, thinking that the DC would be around at least as long as the Saturn, I shrugged and thought "I'll get to it. I'll be able to buy a bunch of games, and have a whole lot of fun."

Then, of course, I was hit with the "Sega leaving hardware business" bomb, and I basically hung my head and mistakenly figured that it was all over. So, finding out some time later that games were still being released in Japan, this is the Dreamcast's "second coming," to me... So; I didn't spend a whole lot back in the system's heyday, but, now I'm making up for it! It's not every day that I'll be able to buy a new game for DC, and so, I'm at least going to make these three count. :mrgreen:

You're right, though: It's definitely completely unbelievable, at times. My play-asia.com shopping cart is at some $560 right now, but that's mostly "catching up" import titles. On the plus side, I think that their shipping rates are pretty good, and I just recently received something from them with no problems at all. It took about half a month, but, the game was in "out of the supplier's bulk shipping box and wrapped in custom bubble wrap" condition.

I'm really bummed about missing Rez on eBay for thirty dollars, though. Brand new. I didn't so much "miss it" as "watched someone else buy it since I didn't have the money to buy it and new winter gloves"...
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Chuck D. Head
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Chuck D. Head »

Thanks for the post. I did not buy a dreamcast until it was cancelled. So far I have been building my collection only from bargin bins, and Gamestop. I have ~30 dreamcast games. The only import I have is Shenmue II, and that is only because a local Gamestop had it.