SHENMUE 3 ON DC XMAS BOX SET

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

im not a nationalist, if that is what you were implying. if anything i am an anti-nationalist, if i were to live almost anywhere else, i could have a good legal working corner-store bought copy of Shenmue II.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DreamcastUK »

Well Xmas has pasted and it hasn't come out on any formats
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I love Shenmue as much as these other guys on the board, but I wasn't expecting it to come out. It's sad that Shenmue may die with only Shenmue 2. I would LOVE to see the saga completed. Here's hoping...
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
xericx
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xericx »

hopefully E3 will have a very good announcement.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

won't happen. Dont let that stop you from hopefull thinking, but its not gonna happen
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

Shenmue 3 may happen 4 years from now. Not anytime soon though.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

regarding the very first post of this topic, the third game will not complete the series, it was written and planned to be 16 chapters, the first game was one chapter, the second game was chapters two and three. There is a lot left to this, and I really do hope its in production, even if it is only in the slightest.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

^the second is supposed to be 2 3 and 4 according to someone else in some other thread (im not sure though)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

They are going to have to down size it though because it doesn't sell. If Shenmue 3 is made it will be the last Shenmue.
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

Man. I can't help but think that if I paid a little less attention to computers during those three years, and a little more attention on the console gaming scene, that things would be in better shape right now. I mean, all I did for one summer was play stuff like Quake III Arena and Unreal Tournament; I could've done that on the DC (but rather, I could've been playing Shenmue!). I feel that if I had supported it more when it was up, then I would've been but one drop in the rainstorm, and since one good turn deserves another...

Sure, hindsight is 20-20... and, who knows where I would be, if I hadn't gotten so into personal computing... but, when I think about all the money that I spent on upgrading my PC, it sort of makes me ill. Sure, I had to go through that to get to this point and know that I'm good now, but still. Look at all the good stuff that I seem to have missed! Being into the Sega Dreamcast, when even Joe Schmoe and his little brother Jimmy were into it, had to be kind of a neat thing. (Note: someone calls me "Joe Schmoe" by the way, so take no offense at its usage!) I never looked forward to Dead or Alive 2, because I was too busy reading reviews on video cards... give me a break! Anyway, back on topic:

Has anyone mentioned the possibility of the next installment of Shenmue being something other than a video game? Maybe they absorbed the studio that made Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, will produce a Shenmue film spanning a few chapters, and then will go out of business for good... (I know, not funny at all)

I'm betting that Shenmue 3 will only be released in the land of "games that didn't make it," along with NiGHTS 2 and... Sonic Adventure 3, or something.
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

^the second is supposed to be 2 3 and 4 according to someone else in some other thread (im not sure though)
Yes, I read that too.

It would explain why in Shenmue 2, if you look in the book it says 2 at the start. Then later on disc 3 (I think) it says 3 and then on disc 4 it says 4. These are at the top of the pages.

BUT, I may be wrong as its been a while since I have played it. But I also did read that too, quzar!

xericx
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xericx »

i think shenmue 3 has very good possibility of being announced soon.there are a few facts to back this up.
1.a while back sega announced the cancelation of NiGHTS, Crazy Taxi, and a couple other games, shenmue not being one of these.
2. In the official Sega-magazine there's a message from TAKA-san of digitalrex(Yu Suzuki new company). "How was your Christmas? As we're planning to announce many things next year, please wait for them with expectations!"
3.On the official shenmue website, "Dear Shenmue fans all over the world! Thanks for the messages, and we truly appreciate your great support. Unfortunately, we don't have anything to announce at this point. But we believe that we have something for you in the future. Please have a Merry Merry X'mas and a Happy New Year!! "
4.recently Next-Level did a interview with AM2, and when people asked the interviewer about why he didnt ask about shenmue 3 he said he was sworn to secrecy about the game.i cant find the proper links or quotes for this one.

so there are quite a few things point toward Shenmue 3.yes, i know theres a good chance it will not come out or come out for a few years.but i believe it will, i believe even tho sega might not want to fund it they will do it for Yu Suzuki after all the things has done for them in the past.in the end only time will tell.
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

well with SEGA bringing back all the Classic's to the PS2 EYE TOY like supermonkey ball / THOTD / NIGHTS / Sonic and many more hopfuly we will see sega bring out Shenmue 3 now :) :)
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

DreamcastUK wrote:I have a little pre order slip from Game here saying yes your copy of Shenmue 3 for the xbox has been ordered :)
Sweet, have you recieved it yet?
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Yeah, I got mine last week.
Very sexy hero, omg
muffinman943
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by muffinman943 »

yeah me too, pretty slick game
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Where can I preorder it, I don't see any info on there even being a shenmue III coming out.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Master Higgins wrote:
shenmue 2 was on the DC i have it right here and it is on the xbox too
they didn't even bother to put the dc version in english.
And that God for that! The English audio was garbled, confusing, and quite frankly duller than an in-flight magazine produced by Air Belgium!
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Matisfaction wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:
And that God for that! The English audio was garbled, confusing, and quite frankly duller than an in-flight magazine produced by Air Belgium!
Getting in your Red Dwarf quotes I see ;) Good stuff 8-)

Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Skynet wrote:
Matisfaction wrote:
Master Higgins wrote:
Getting in your Red Dwarf quotes I see ;) Good stuff 8-)
I have to get them in somewhere. Gets a laugh at work to, mostly by peeps that have never seen the series.