DreamSNES 0.9.6 BUG List

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kRYPT_ »

nakamichi wrote: BTW,I burned this disc using DCFactory.It works great.But when I go to the menu to choose a language,there is only English available.What's the problem? I can't select another language...maybe the locale folder is missing???

Hmmm....
Now that you mentioned it, I went and looked.. and the script actually DOES delete the locale folder.. beats the hell out of me why, it'll be fixed next round of updates, thanks for noticing ;)
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Here is another bug update:

This is the nastiest bug I've encountered yet.

* Masoukishin :
When you start this game,your Dreamcast RESETS IMMEDIATELY.
This is really a serious bug.

* Also there is some bug in the Auto-save system.It frequently saves even if the SRAM doesn't change...it saves more times than it's needed...hmmm...
But the manual save (Autosave OFF) works OK.

Another BUG update coming soon...as soon as I test more ROMs.
WeAreVigilant
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by WeAreVigilant »

nakamichi
that isnt a bug
certain games (rpgs usually)
hit the sram often (i think mario rpg does it every 5 seconds)
no workaround other than turning off auto save
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Heres my contirbution to the bugs list:
Official PAL Sega Lightguns dont work :(

Thats all that bugs me.
Da ILLest
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Just wondering...

Post by Da ILLest »

How did everyone burn DSNES 0.96? I know the most popular programs are DSSBS and Dreamcast Factory, so is everyones self-booting? I was thinking that if you all stopped worrying about CPU issues and tried burning it using different methods, some of the bugs would be fixed. Might not work, but it's worth a try. I always liked manually self-booting games (ms-dos) or just creating a seperate roms disk and I've never had problems. Just a thought... :idea:
Pretty Boy Thugs Live Forever...
ILL Niggaz Don't Die...
I Guess That Makes Me Immortal...

I(LLest) L(il') L(yricist)
B.C.

Lyrical Mastermind
4 da 02' and on...

MegaMan & Eminem Rules ALL!!!!!
BobsShadow
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by BobsShadow »

0.96 is an awesome release with way less bugs than 0.95. However it is o bug free. Here are some problems I noticed that are less to do with games.

Scanlines options doesn't work
Saving is still buggy and it won't always detect a save(I have lost a good many hours on Super Mario World because of this).

Other than that the new realease is Great. :D

For some great games that run really well try Super R-Type and Romancing Saga 3.
Damn My Signature Sucks!
Visit Sega Fan's VMU HQ
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Secret of Mana-
The gold and experience get messed up and can even become letters or symbols
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Here's a new bug update:

* Super James Pond 2 :
After you clear 1st stage,your score gets increased by a whopping 20,000,000 pts.!

* Monopoly 2 (jap)
This is a small bug.The title screen and the in-game NPC characters "blink" occasionaly.This glitch is seen in a few other games as well.

*** ALL of the "trained" ROMs with built in trainers(hacked versions) have this problem :
Whether you activate or disable the cheats,the cheats are ALWAYS active :(

*** This is not really a bug,but this should be fixed as well.
The MP3 sound output is much louder than the SNES games volume.When I go back to the menu,the menu MP3 music rocks my speakers.I got to change the level everytime with a preamp.If only the MP3 output level can be decreased...

For the next bug update,stay tuned...
I think perh also reads this topic...

** And DO NOT post bugs that are already posted in this forum.Don't repeat the same things over and over.If you find something that isn't noted in this topic,and it's a "fresh" bug,feel free to post it.

So sayoonara for now...
DreamSNES rocks tha house :)
Benne
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Problems with the 0.96

Post by Benne »

I have some major problems with the latest release.
I have a PAL DC (that's not one of the problems...).

In 60 hz, the games flicker like mad, that did not happen in 0.95. There's no flicker in the menu or logos though.
There's no flicker in 50 hz. but there is much more slowdown in 50 hz.

One option in the options menu doesn't work, can't remember which. When you turn it on, it automatically shuts down when starting a game, so the next time you go to the options screen, it's off again.

Also having problem with my romdisc, major errors when loading it. very few games show up. No problem with that on 0.95 (using Krypts rom-list creator)

Det vore bussigt om ni kunde fixa dessa sm?fel.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

More bugs...

Post by nakamichi »

More and more bugs are found every minute.I'm doing some really extensive bug tracking...

Well,here's another "fresh" bug update:

* Street Fighter II Turbo :
After you beat a round,the score counter counts to infinity until you press a button to stop it.

* Vortex
Freezes after the Argonaut logo.

* Stunt Race FX
Unplayable.Polygon drawing is nearly non-existent.

* Super Air Diver 2 (jap)
Messed up Mode 7 graphics.Unplayable due to this.

Until my next bug update,
Sayoonara.

N@kamichi
Miko
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

HEY STEZO

Post by Miko »

If it were a bug with Snes 9X, why then would the previous Dreamsnes Version codes work with the problem titles.

It's good that these people bring these problems to attention so that they may be fixed.

All in good faith you friend.

Michael Barclay
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

Something tells me all these score bugs are related...maybe the game is waiting for some signal from the emulator to stop counting, but it's not receiving it. Dunno why it's affecting some games, but not others.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Bugs,bugs,bugs,...they keep on coming...

Post by nakamichi »

Yet another bug update.This time I found out some more amazing bugs!

So here is the latest update :

* Biker Mice From Mars :
A really amazing and nasty bug! When you start a race,it says "TIME OVER" and your bike blows to pieces immediately and you finish in last place! This game is unplayable because of this bug.
There is also an annoying tile which is present on screen during the whole game(when racing).
Only the nasty reset bug found when you start Masoukishin is more terrible than this bug.

* Tinhead (eur)
After you collect an item,the score increases by 66666666! What the...???
Then after a while collecting more items,it decreases by 33333333,then it returns to normal and after collecting more items,the same process repeats again and again!

* Act Raiser (fresh bug update)
Apart from the game not having music(or the music is low-quality like the SegaGEN sound),this game has 2 more bugs:

- the now well-known +60 lives bug is also in this game as well.

- when you are about to start level 1-2,the game freezes.Totally unplayable.

More games are still tested.I'll update as soon as I found a couple more...

If any of you encounters bugs which I haven't seen yet,post here in this topic.I need more bug testers,because I don't have many ROMs to test...just about 300+

N@kamichi
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

This isn't a bug,but this will fix all sound problems that exist in DreamSNES if it's implemented in the next version.
Have you noticed on various games unusual,annoying or incorrect sounds that were not there when playing on a real SNES?Have you played Final Fantasy VI and heard something like cats fighting instead of wind? Have you had skippy sound without all the channels in FF II/IV?
Well,there is a solution to these sound problems.It's the new Anti-Res SPC700 sound core recently developed and implemented in a new beta version of SNES9x.
If the DreamSNES team can implement this core into the code of the new DreamSNES version,we would have very accurate sound emulation! I think they can get the source for this SPC700 core even now.

If they can use this code and rewrite it optimizing it in SH4 or ARM7 ASM,we can have accurate sound emulation and less CPU strain WITH sound ON.But I have heard that this new core is a bit more CPU demanding,but with optimizations,it can be done to put less strain on the DC's CPU.

Just an idea.I hope someone from the DreamSNES team reads this...
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

nakamichi wrote: Have you noticed on various games unusual,annoying or incorrect sounds that were not there when playing on a real SNES?Have you played Final Fantasy VI and heard something like cats fighting instead of wind?
i heard that and thought my dc was crying to death.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

A save compression system bug...

Post by nakamichi »

I've also found another bug in DreamSNES 0.9.6.This time the bug applies to the save compression system included in DSNES 0.9.6.

As the DSNES programmers stated: "Every save is now reduced to only 2 blocks of memory space on our VMU.Whether it originally took 4 or 66 blocks of memory,now it takes only 2!".
Well,then how come in some games the .SRM files are the size of 3 or 4 blocks?

OK,you'll say this is not a big deal,but a WEIRD THING happens with some other games like StuntRace FX,Starfox,and many others which use 16 or even 24(!) blocks on your VMU,when they are supposed to use only 2.

How come DreamSNES 0.9.6 doesn't compress those files as well?
It smells like a bug...
mc
DreamSNES Creator
DreamSNES Creator

A save compression system bug...

Post by mc »

nakamichi wrote: I've also found another bug in DreamSNES 0.9.6.This time the bug applies to the save compression system included in DSNES 0.9.6.

As the DSNES programmers stated: "Every save is now reduced to only 2 blocks of memory space on our VMU.Whether it originally took 4 or 66 blocks of memory,now it takes only 2!".
Well,then how come in some games the .SRM files are the size of 3 or 4 blocks?

OK,you'll say this is not a big deal,but a WEIRD THING happens with some other games like StuntRace FX,Starfox,and many others which use 16 or even 24(!) blocks on your VMU,when they are supposed to use only 2.

How come DreamSNES 0.9.6 doesn't compress those files as well?
It smells like a bug...
Uh, I don't think anyone has claimed that _every_ save will be compressed to two blocks.
That would be some pretty magical compression...
Flying at a high speed
Having the courage
Getting over crisis
I rescue the people
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

The exact quote is "This reduces practically any save to two blocks". There is a significant differance between "practically any" and "all".
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

A new bug has been found...
* Hook
Enemies defeated don't give you any points,only items give you points...hmmm....
Mr._Chips
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Mr._Chips »

Also,
Mario RPG, Yoshi's Island do not work as stated on webpage. many games also refuse to save.