Self-boot gyyplay...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Self-boot gyyplay...

Post by Sirmorpheous »

I was wondering exactly how u self-boot gypplay or any other app that can playback mpeg's with a self-boot???
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5

-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

heres the deal

Post by -Azathoth- »

OK man, im ready to help ya.

First you might have incorrect mpeg files. DL the mpeg/avi/whatever movie adjuster thats in the Gyplay page, and first use it to modify whatever movie youre gonna burn, ok?

Next, after youve done all that, start Gyplay, and make sure that whatever files that your gonna burn are in their own separate Folder, this way theres no confusion. Just keep them all in the same folder, apart from everything else, and make it easy to find as well.

When Gyplay ask you what movies you wanna burn, just aim to that folder, and now there shouldnt be any problem when you try to make an image with Gyplay.

Gyplay is a pretty awsome tool, but I havent had the time to try and optimize the video quality to its fullest. If you manage to make really clear movies, create another thread, and let me know how youre doing. peace.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sirmorpheous »

someone told me something about DSSBS which u haven't mentioned...
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5

-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

I failed to mention it because I'm having a hell of a time getting ANY other self-boot program working on my setup. It should work for you, but my computer wont run it, even with the Choice files. DrZoidberg has the same prob. Some work, some dont. Just try each.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

DSSBS Final works for me, the other selfboot programs don't. I haven't tried selfbooting GypPlay, but it shouldn't be too hard to do with DSSBS Final. Here's a quick guide, as I said I haven't tried it but it should work but I can't guarantee that it will:

Download DSSBS Final from the Needed Tools page. Unzip it. *If you're using WinXP/2000 you'll also need to download the choice.zip found on the Needed Tools page to get DSSBS Final working properly. Unzip it & put CHOICE.COM into the DSSBS Final folder.*

Download the GypPlay plain files from this page. Unzip it.

Move everything from the GypPlay_LikSangEdition folder into DSSBS Final's "new" folder.

Put your videos into the "new" folder.

Click on dssbs.bat & select 1 to make a Discjuggler image, 2 to make a Nero image, 3 to make a CDRWin image or 4 to make a Fireburner image.

Once the image is made, start up your burning program of choice & select burn image.
Last edited by Dr Zoidberg on Sat Mar 02, 2002 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Dr Zoidberg wrote: Download the GypPlay plain files from this page. Unzip it.

Download elf2bin. Unzip it, then move the 1st_read.bin from the GypPlay_LikSangEdition folder to the elf2bin folder. Change the name of the 1st_read.bin to myfile.bin. Press scramble.bat.
I'm pretty sure that the GypPlay plainfiles are already scrambled, so if you did the above and it didn't work, just skip the bit above and try extracting the plain files from the ip straight into the "NEW" folder, without doing anything to them first (so skip the stuff quoted above, but follow the rest of the instructions)
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sirmorpheous »

k thx dudes i'll try this really soon
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5

Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote: Download the GypPlay plain files from this page. Unzip it.

Download elf2bin. Unzip it, then move the 1st_read.bin from the GypPlay_LikSangEdition folder to the elf2bin folder. Change the name of the 1st_read.bin to myfile.bin. Press scramble.bat.
I'm pretty sure that the GypPlay plainfiles are already scrambled, so if you did the above and it didn't work, just skip the bit above and try extracting the plain files from the ip straight into the "NEW" folder, without doing anything to them first (so skip the stuff quoted above, but follow the rest of the instructions)
I thought they were unscrambled for some reason, but you're right, they are scrambled, so I've removed that part of the instructions. I've tried it out & the guide as it is now does work.