Kill Bill Volume 1

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kill Bill Volume 1

Post by ShadowofBob »

Did anyone else see this movie yet? I saw it last night and thought that it was great. Very stylish. I thought that the over the top violence didn't really detract from the movie like many people did.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

It was a great film, people are going to compare it to pulp fiction but you can't they just aren't the same type of film. Pulp Fiction was meant to be revolutionary, Kill Bill is meant to combine anime/kung fu/samurai flix with that 70's tarantino style, it was great sh1t though. Reservoir Dogs is still my fav tarantino flick though :D
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Just another hot female that can kill the world rip off.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Veggita2099 wrote:Just another hot female that can kill the world rip off.
Have you seen it yet?

At first I was like most other people, thinking that it was a stupid Charlie's Angels knockoff, but after watching it I completely change my opinion. It's a great twisted action movie that i'm sure anyone from our generation would appreciate. Definately not the same old same old.

Go check it out. It has a very sick sense of humor that I found to be missing from anything else out there. I'm actually kinda surprised it made it so far without being censored. Can you imagine what the uncut version must be like?
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

I'm thinking of going to see it tommorow. The only thing that pisses me off is that it's in two parts. If people can sit through the Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter why can't they sit through a Q. Tarintino (sp?) film? Or is there a different reason they split it into two parts?
404NotFound wrote: hey mrinsulto or whatever your name is, for the last time
A DREAMCAST IS NOT A PLAYSTATION2!!!
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

Tails Prower wrote:I'm thinking of going to see it tommorow. The only thing that pisses me off is that it's in two parts. If people can sit through the Lord of The Rings and Harry Potter why can't they sit through a Q. Tarintino (sp?) film? Or is there a different reason they split it into two parts?
they had to split it up because the awesome fight sequences are so fucking long.

omg the movie flowed and progressed like an anime.

A+ from me. oh man matrix had shit on this movie.

VOL 2 i want it now!!

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

-Azathoth- wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:Just another hot female that can kill the world rip off.
Have you seen it yet?

At first I was like most other people, thinking that it was a stupid Charlie's Angels knockoff, but after watching it I completely change my opinion. It's a great twisted action movie that i'm sure anyone from our generation would appreciate. Definately not the same old same old.

Go check it out. It has a very sick sense of humor that I found to be missing from anything else out there. I'm actually kinda surprised it made it so far without being censored. Can you imagine what the uncut version must be like?
It actually is sort of censored a bit. The Japanese market will get a more violent version because Tarentino thought they could handle it.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

the over the top violence is a Tarentino trademark, the reason being that it's so crazy and outlandish that it is poking fun at movies that take lots of blood guts and gore seriously and think that it makes a film great...damn i want to see this.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

-Azathoth- wrote:Can you imagine what the uncut version must be like?

i just watched the movie again the workprint, and it has a few more gorey scenes.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

The only real change between the Japanese and American version is, allegedly, that the American version has black and white during the Japanese massacre. MPAA is so ****ing stupid, and they always have been.
At first I was like most other people, thinking that it was a stupid Charlie's Angels knockoff
Where would people get that idea? Pretty silly really, especially if you realize all the homages - she's wearing Bruce Lee's clothes in the trailer for cryin out loud!
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

Lartrak wrote:The only real change between the Japanese and American version is, allegedly, that the American version has black and white during the Japanese massacre. MPAA is so ****ing stupid, and they always have been.
At first I was like most other people, thinking that it was a stupid Charlie's Angels knockoff
Where would people get that idea? Pretty silly really, especially if you realize all the homages - she's wearing Bruce Lee's clothes in the trailer for cryin out loud!
Yea the reason the film has the black and white scenes is becuase if it did not then the film would be rated NC-17 which means no children 17 and under can see the film under any circumstances. Therefor the scenes are in black and white to make it seem less violent so it could be rated R.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Some critics have proclaimed it to be "The bloodiest American film ever made."

That's quite a statement.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by nymus »

Lartrak wrote: Where would people get that idea? Pretty silly really, especially if you realize all the homages - she's wearing Bruce Lee's clothes in the trailer for cryin out loud!
I never see below the surface :(
I didn't think about the Bruce Lee thing. I hate it when I don't read b/w the lines/see past the end of my nose...

:evil:

Are you sure? :cry:
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

I watched it earlier today. Fudging fantastic, despite me watching the not so good quality workprint :?

Cant wait to see vol 2 when it comes out ;)
Full-Bodied
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Full-Bodied »

I saw yesterday and heartily enjoyed it... those who compare it to Pulp Fiction are making a huge error and those who think it's like Charlie's Angels are completely moronic... it may not be for everyone but I had a great time :D
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

hmm..
to ppl that saw it : remember in pulp fiction where vincent and marcellus' wife were in the restaurant, and she talked about the Fox Force Five pilot? Is Kill Bill based on this? It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the commercials for it.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I just finished watching it.

Amazing. It's really funny how the movie is put together, yet it just works. The soundtrack really contradicts every scene it's played in, yet it just works.

(Am I the only one who was laughing out loud when she looked down from the balcony upon the sea of henchmen she had mamed? Classic.)

That 15 minute Anime portion of the movie was also awesome (Not awesome as in Cool, awesome as in something to be in awe of). Poetry in motion.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

MystiK wrote:hmm..
to ppl that saw it : remember in pulp fiction where vincent and marcellus' wife were in the restaurant, and she talked about the Fox Force Five pilot? Is Kill Bill based on this? It was the first thing I thought of when I saw the commercials for it.
No. Uma Thurman does the box thing at one point though, but they don't draw the box on the screen this time. There are one or two other Pulp Fiction references as well.. The cigarette brand for instance.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
OldSkoolGamer
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by OldSkoolGamer »

Digital Chaos wrote:Yea the reason the film has the black and white scenes is becuase if it did not then the film would be rated NC-17 which means no children 17 and under can see the film under any circumstances. Therefor the scenes are in black and white to make it seem less violent so it could be rated R.
I think the black and white part was done well. How she kinda snaps out of it to become color again. It's like she took the focus off color to fight better. I can't wait for part two.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

awesome..
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead