which is the best emulator?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
THADES
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by THADES »

Are there any snes emulators that play the games at full speed with sound? if so why is dream snes considered to be the best emulator on this site? Are there any genesis emulators that play the games at full speed with sound?
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

No

DreamSNES = best

now leave, you lude person
THADES
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by THADES »

THANK YOU. I SHALL NOW LEAVE AS A LUDE DUDE.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

THANK YOU!

(I am never touching cold medicine again.... I feel loopy!)
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

SMEG is great. The emulator of the same name is also very cool.
(Off Topic: if that made no sense you obviously haven't seen the "Red Dwarf" sci-fi series)

I may be slightly biased on the emulator scene because the 8 and 16 bit machines are my favourites but SMEG 0wns, and DSNES rocks.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

What the smeg are you talking about? :wink:

According to Space Corps Directive #514273, no officer with false teeth should attempt oral sex in zero-gravity! :lol: lol
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Van_Lardo wrote: According to Space Corps Directive #514273, no officer with false teeth should attempt oral sex in zero-gravity! :lol: lol
Damn! ;-)

I've actually amazed quite a few friends with smeg ( :o ), no seriously they didn't know there were emulators on DC so when they saw Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Shinobi running on my dreamcast at school they were very impressed.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I've had all-night sessions with my friends (GAMING sessions that is!), playing Paper Boy over and over and over again!

That was some night!... Although we did play F355 Challenge a bit too.... :wink:
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

On terms of sheer developmental status, it gots to be nester dc. In terms of kickassedness, what's this emulator I hear that can play many of the old lucas arts rpg's on your computer? I loved day of the tentacle and sam and max hit the road.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

I belive its SCUMMMDC that plays the lucas arts stuff.. And don't forget about SarienDC so you can play all the old Sierra games too.. If I still had access to those old games I'd be playing police quest right now..

-miah
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

i think smeg is the closest thing weve seen to a polished product, but it depends what youre asking... i mean from a technical standpoint, bleemcast reigns supreme...but as far as perfect emulation, one of the more obscure emulators would probably take that (dcsi or dreampac probably)... if your asking whats the funnest, it would depend on what games youre playing with the emulator...
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

its really ot possible to judge one emulator as the best... there has been so much blood sweat and hours of programing into each of these emulators here.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

THADES wrote: Are there any snes emulators that play the games at full speed with sound? if so why is dream snes considered to be the best emulator on this site? Are there any genesis emulators that play the games at full speed with sound?
Um, I was answering his question about SNES emulators... he wasn't on about the best emu overall....
FarSight
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by FarSight »

Katana:

Im With you the programmers put so much work in to the EMU's that we owe it to them not to judge them good bad or best. Just the fact that they are on the DC makes them all the Best in my Book.
And i must say the Scene is looking Very intresting at the moment.It looks stronger than its ever been to THANX to all programers and fans................ :D