Blur! Announcement.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blur! Announcement.

Post by 404NotFound »

Now, i know you all want blur! I know ive pissed a lot of you about( aka the private testers ). Im sorry, but on the 10th of february, the boards are going down. Its up to skizzy and dcsteve to keep the site or whatever up. Ive worked my balls off over this, and i have nothing decent to show, and now im looking at it from a different perspective. I see my board has just attracted hype ( which i dont want ) and flames (which i also dont want ).

Im tired of having to give excuses for why its late and shit, so im gonna remove my self from from the whole hyping. Im no longer giving status updates, im no longer giving progress reports or anything. When i release it i will release it. And thats it, i knew from the beginning this was gonna take more time than i thought it would, but i thought i could beat it. But i havent, so until i release it, im not releasing anything officially about blur!
Vola!
dsj1
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Do you smell a "FAKE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by dsj1 »

This is "FAKE"! He has far too many excuses! CrTo will release a real PSX emulator though so just sit tight! A PSX emulator is on it's way- but don't hold your breathe for "Blur" god no!
WeAreVigilant
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by WeAreVigilant »

you do know pse-x is probably not even for the dreamcast dont you dsj1?
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Did crt0 actually say that's what pse-x is?

I wouldn't get too excited about anything right now, Blur may or may not be real, and it may or may not live up to expectations if it is real. Pse-x isn't even really announced yet, it could be anything. I'd recommend just not worrying about it and enjoying what's out there.
LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt

Post by LyonHrt »

No he hasn't heliophobe, in fact i think he won't be working on anything till his pc is fixed.

But i just hope that people don't get their hopes up, if you keep hopeing for something then it turns out to be completely different to what you thought, you'll be disapointed.

Just answer this question....is crt0 famous for his emu's?
Edit: emu's not emus (found a funny topic on emus though on google!)
Kami

Post by Kami »

I know what it is :D ;)

and it involves my icon :D
LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt

Post by LyonHrt »

Kami wrote: I know what it is D ;)

and it involves my icon D
D Doesnt' that guy wear out?
Kami

Post by Kami »

only after uh stuff
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

After the supposed "imminent"release of Blur!, this latest announcement has to be viewed with extreme suspicion...

I think I speak for all the people on this board when I say that Playstation emulation is something that is VERY much sought after on the humble Dreamcast console. To offer this to the public is a VERY big step and is, of course, greatly appreciated. BUT you opened your mouth about it and made the promises. WE didn't...

People are (generally) quite happy to accept that things like these take time but the initial disappointment (along with some oddities that will probably NEVER be solved... e.g. 007's wherabouts... :?) of course there's going to be "flaming" and general ambiguity.

Plus the fact that, until we see some evidence: no-one here IS going to believe you. Simple as that.

Only a fool would blindly believe that which he has no proof of (I'm looking at you... Astrologists... with your 'Libras' and your 'pisces' and your drinking and your wild parties... ;))

Bottom line: to us, the mere mortals... this sound like an excuse to keep us hanging on for another while after getting so worked up about a near-future release.

Blur! will never materialise. That's the impression I get. :(
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

LyonHrt wrote: No he hasn't heliophobe, in fact i think he won't be working on anything till his pc is fixed.
I think it may be fixed.. i dunno:
Crt0sWebsite wrote: 2/8/02 - My PC is working for the time being. WindowsXP should die and burn in hell while choking on cock. It's what I'm running till I can coax Win98 into installing. But at least I can slap around some more PSe-X. :/
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

My PC is working, if you call running Windows XP 'working' . . . it's crap, but I've got it all in classic mode, and it's almost bearable for the time being. Just too slow. It'll be a while before I do any more updates to PSe-X though, because I'm still doing maintenance work on my PC, along with 5 others for various people (I gotta get paid somehow \)... so... given a little while longer, I'll be up and at it again.
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

as far as testers know there will no longer be a private beta first release, instead Hairry has planed a public beta for the first release.
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

I Have 2 questions :

1) ctr0 , I really can't find the diskjuggler image of your bomberman game :(

2) van lardo , why do you always use those non usual words , I always need to look in the dictionary :lol:
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

dcemuler: there is no discjuggler image of it. there wont be for a long time, if there ever is.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Non-usual words? How blaunge you? I'm completely transfortified with your elemticutual parformultitations!

Why don't you entravortiate your temposcaporafacophocus into a nitrovonbercer and retrovertiliate yourself until you need a geofortician to milsanculate your fornotologistications with a gnurgantuator?!!! :evil:

lol :p
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Hmm...in his update, crt0 said he was going to "slap around some more PSe-X." And then Kami said that PSe-X has something to do with his icon. :eek: I don't know about you people, but I'm not sure if I'm gonna like this PSe-X...

Either that, or I may end up liking it too much...
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

I know what is pse-x
P= POSSIBLE
S= SUPER
E= EMULATOR
X = ???
:lol: