A question about patched roms

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
x977
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

A question about patched roms

Post by x977 »

Does Nester dc 5.0 fullscreen support patched roms? I`m dying to play those hacks of mario 1 and 3. I have 2 seperate rom cds. One is the everyday,average classic games cd,and the other one is patched roms of mario 1 and 3. The first cd works,but the second gives me the "no roms on cd message" Is something burned wrong,or are patched roms not even supported?
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

I've played patched ROMs, so the issue is a burning problem. When NesterDC doesn't support a ROM at all it just won't play it - but it still displays it in the file listing.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Patched roms ARE supported. They work fine because Zac and I have plenty of them. Something might have went wrong when you created the CD with the patched games. I had the same trouble once with regular roms (there were roms in the games directory but I still had the message displaying "Please insert CD with roms in the games directory"). It could also be because Nester DC 5 has problems with disc swapping. There was another post that other were experiencing problems with Nester Dc when inserting another CD.

That problem has been fixed in the latest version. Oh, and it's ok to have your patched roms together with you normal roms. But if you want to seperate them (as I did) go to Proveaux's website under emulator patches to create different directories for Nester DC with Demo Menu

EDit: Hmm I took too long to answer, Schnapple beat me to it ;)
It seems that the url I gave for Demo Menu has an older version PM me if you want version 1.4.
Last edited by DeGamer1 on Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

please delete
Last edited by DeGamer1 on Mon Feb 04, 2002 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Sorry double post :eek: One of the mods please delete this :oops:

what the hell is going on here? :eek:
x977
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by x977 »

Thanks! I`ll give it a shot.