Overclocking my Comp

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Overclocking my Comp

Post by El Dokteer »

Has anyone used the CPUFSB program at this website : http://www.podien.onlinehome.de/ ? I want to know if it actually works, and if it works well, as I am considering using this program to overclock my celeron.
Sanchez
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Sanchez »

Don't overclock, it just causes you more trouble than its worth. I used to do it in older days (Cel 300->450, Cel 566->850) but the edgy components/etc cause more hassle than it's worth. Not to mention the CPUs are so fast now that overclocking doesn't get you much....
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

dumbass

Post by SonicBlaze »

the reason he wants to overclock is probably because he has 233 MHz or something. I know a guy who's friend overclocked his cpu from 133 to 400, I think he got some extra fans and stuff, but he told me he did it. I would think that CPU would soon burn out, too much heat, but hey, if you wanna take the chance, then go ahead.
SEGA, anything else is a toy!
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

actually, i got a 700. I want to overclock because ePSXe runs *close* to full speed on Smackdown II with a tag team... and that I get heavy slowdown on Serious Sam II on 640x480. I have 256 megs of RAM and a GeForce MX 400 32 meg card. or is there a better graphics plugin than Pete's OpenGL (for ePSXe... if i get that full speed on a tag team (tornado tag) then i won't care about serious sam)?
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

i would reccomend a new dell for 800 dollars you can get a complete game system with geforce 3. mmmm delicious especially since vodoo is out of buisness :| no comepetition ;)
Kami

Post by Kami »

well I ran this program and it didn't manage to do anything other than lock up ma pc so I dunno dude its up to you.
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

that Dell would be $800 US, right? nah... i'm on a budget :(

well, i've decided to pick myself up a Celeron 850 or 900 instead of OCing it... will I need the new 300W power supply for it? (yes, i'm THAT strapped for cash that I need to know if i need a new power supply)
sam17
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by sam17 »

this program does actually works, is pretty nice, i have my old celeron 266 overclocked to 333 and stable, no problems yet.. but i think this programonly work with old cpu.

you can try fuzzy logic 3 is a MSi product is really awesome an stable :)
El Dokteer
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by El Dokteer »

where might i find this Fuzzy logic 3? And what is MSi? (It's 10 AM... I can't think this early in the morning :D)
sam17
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by sam17 »

Cowpie
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Take a tip...

Post by Cowpie »

I learned the hardway,
Overclocking = :x
I killed one of my computers by over clocking it...
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

same here... my pentium 266 was overclocked and even with two fans it only lasted me a few weeks. ah well now I got me a new baby :D