DVD to VCD?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

I don't see why SegaGen shouldn't be put on here. I mean 1. Sega don't make profit from the Sega Genesis anymore. 2. IT wasn't a 100 percent fully perfect emulator (which from a private developer is cool, but Sega Made this??). 3. Before long they will make no profit from Dreamcasts. 4. Why should a company be able to make money off of games they spend mere months programming years and years later?

Well maybe 4. isn't much of a point, but the first 3 I thought was pretty good.

Segagen is ruff to find, I haven't even seen it on any mirc areas.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

1. Yeah they do... I still buy games.....

2. If they worked on it longer, I'm sure it would have been done...

3. Debateable, but from discussions that were in place a while ago, maybe from Dreamcast technology...

4. Yeah it isn't lol :lol:
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Okay, I am not arround anywhere near to the level I was a week ago, I got a job, so I don't have to debate over "L"s or "ea" or whatever.

My two cents on DVD ripping. You can buy a gun, it can shoot and kill inoccent people. But that is not what the weapon is made for. It is illegeal, kindof like with the DVD ripping, without killing people :mrgreen: .

SegaGen can not be posted on here, because as far as I can remember, 007 took it down cuz Sega told him so. If it is up, lawsuits will be up too.

Finally, I don't give a shit about spelling, and I know I spelt inoccent wrong, but I am not losing sleep over it.
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

didn't you nee the Sega smash pack to play that S3GAG3N anyways( maybe I just don't understand the way you make that disk)so sega would make more profit from that, and didn't they tell him not to have it up any longer when they were still making games for the dreamcast and another smashpak woulda came out for it , but know that they have stopped with the dc there is no hope in anymore smashpak

Just saying....doesn't matter to me really
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

No, it was just som plain files which needed to be burnt in conjunction with some ROMs
Keitaro
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

re:

Post by Keitaro »

Hollywood Hasney wrote: Why should it host SegaGen? So ya can rip more shit outta Sega? Give me a break....
No offence here but do you -REALLY- think that Sega is going to "rip more shit" out of Sega? I mean c'mon dude... I know that I'm not the one to be arguing with someone of your status but I don't think that Sega really gives a crap about Segagen other from the fact that it was based/ripped from their software. Sega are not like other companies, they know that distribution of ROMs from archaic systems aren't going to hurt their company. Still, I see your point but you don't have to get all mad or anything. :|
Keitaro
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

re:

Post by Keitaro »

BTW, I think that you guys should post a sticky topic so that we could debate about Segagen.

Ohh, and as for purchasing Sega games. I live in Canada, not the larger cities like Vancouver or anything. I live on Vancouver ISLAND and out here you can't buy Sega games, not even in pawn shops. I've seen a few SNES games at Wal-mart but never any Sega games, sadly. :cry:
TheBouncer
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TheBouncer »

To be honest I would say that's the case for most of us in a way. For example if I decided I wanted to buy Sonic The Hedgehog for the Megadrive/Genesis then I would have a very hard time finding it. In fact I went into a second-hand game store last week and didn't see one MD game at all. And what is the point of going out and buying a particular cart anyway? Let's face it, the beauty of emulation is that there is no need to have a whole bunch of systems attached to our monitors/tvs when we can just use our PC (or DC) to play the games. I would be prepared to pay something like ?20 for a CD full of ROMs from Sega if they offered it & I'm guessing that many others would pay it too.
Oh dear, I'm ranting again...
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

Um... well there's a shop here in Boston (East coast of England) that still sells Mega Drive, SNES, NES & Game Gear games... so there ya go (they also sell DC, PSX & PC games, although some DC games are now even cheaper than MD & SNES games in there! :o )
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
TheBouncer
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TheBouncer »

I'm in Peterborough, so not far from Boston. I meant it was sometimes hard to find a particular game.
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by DJ Samba D »

Oh right that's cool, I'm just pointing out that Cash Generators in Boston has all these old games, at more expensive prices that Dreamcast games :) - didn't realise ya from Peterborough! Drop me a line sometime... (PM or E-Mail me)
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

With no signs of stopping, this pointless legal debate about "Segagen" is completely null and void! Here's why...

1) Sega sell the product as part of the Sega Smash Pack so by that first!

2) Sega no longer manufacture any genesis games it is only the independant retailers who will profit from the sales of these titles (does anyone here know how the retail system works?).

3) Apart from the ownership of the Sega Smash Pack game, there is NOTHING different from any of the other emulators out there. The only thing that makes DreamSnes legal to download is that the owner said that it's free.

What people SHOULD be worried about is selling on the software for profit. I will admit that I own SegaGen (because I have one of Kurt Angle's three "I"s: "Integrity") and I will say that not every ROM that I have I strictly speaking own (Sonic 1-& Knuckles I only own as part of Sonic Jam for the Saturn since I sold my old genesis carts) but so long as emulation is free, people are going to be fools NOT to simply download them!

People who used Napster aren't criminal's they're music-lovers

so

People who use emulators are game-lovers

So long as you don't sell on the software, I see no problem with emulation or even with downloading games you've never played before. So long as your (black) heart is in the right place.

By the way, there are plenty of good stores out there that still sell any game format new or part-exchanged... whoever thought up that excuse must live in some kind of fantasy world!... or should that be "Phantasy World"?
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
TheBouncer
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TheBouncer »

Van_Lardo:By the way, there are plenty of good stores out there that still sell any game format new or part-exchanged... whoever thought up that excuse must live in some kind of fantasy world!... or should that be "Phantasy World"?

I'm not sure if u meant that for me, but like I said it can be difficult to buy a particular game. Yea I could goto the local game store and buy the odd MD cart, but I may have a job finding the one I really want. Not that I would bother though coz you're right, Sega don't profit from these old games anymore.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Well where I live there is NO stores that sell anything older then a Playstation 1. Other then a few select stores Even Dreamcast games are becomeing rare.

Wait I take that back the BAbbages DOES sell older used Genesis games. I remember looking through them and every last one of them was pathetic sports games that I wouldn't give a dollar for.

Even the Pawn Shops don't mess with anything older then Ps1. Lets see There is Wal-mart, K-MArt they don't sell older games. I don't know of the last 2 posts was ment for me about liveing in a Fantasy World. But Where I live it is quite true. And even so Sega don't make money from babbages selling used games for 5 to 10 dollars (well trying to in this case) I do wish there was SOME place that did deal with that stuff around here cause I would be in there at least once a week buying/tradeing stuff. Best place I ever seen for older and even new stuff is a store called The Video Trader it is up in Columbus Ohio. But that is also 3 hours from here so needless to say I don't make it up there often.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Sorry, Bouncer. I wasn't directly talking about you, but I was adressing a more typical excuse that people give for downloading 1000's of games and blaming it on unavailabilty.

You can always find some in local import stores... don't just limit your search to EB or other "official" stores... (HMV, Virgin Megastores etc...)
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!