PSO / DCBrowser Problems

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
coat
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSO / DCBrowser Problems

Post by coat »

Developer: Planet Web
Version: 2.606
Last Updated: 2-17-01
Description: This is an official web browser for the dreamcast made by planet web. The one that comes with your dreamcast works but this newer version is much better more features etc. This contains a slew of new features such as flash 3, java and other things.
Status: Warning: Browser can cause a problem with PSO which will flash your internal number in the DC and will cause Phantasy Star Online not to work...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
okok, i used this browser... now PSO dosnt work!!
how can i fix this? please! .. dammit.. i should have found a different broswer software that lets me enter my own isp in ..

please help!! (*sniff* this is god damn annoying)
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Call Sega and ask them to reset your PSO serial Number.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

it isnt the pso serial it wipes out, its the dreamcast internal id #.... basically from what ive gathered is youre SOL, cause aside from getting another dc theres nothing that can be done...
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I got my Dreamcast and used the Planetweb browser as the ONLY internet browser (I had to get a new DC mid-2000 after the other one broke). I've had no problems with the EU version of Phantasy Star Online but that's basically because I haven't altered the Planetweb browser settings since I put in my own ISP details!

I don't exactly know what this bug is that you're referring to, but it does worry me...

What should I do to avoid this bug happening, then?
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

The browser on this site is the only one that I have used, since I came across this site before I even got a DC. I used the browser before PSO and it worked fine. So Van_Lardo, you should be fine as long as you don't switch to another browser.