Bad Christmas Gifts

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
liltimmyw
Mother Trucker
Mother Trucker
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bad Christmas Gifts

Post by liltimmyw »

post some bad christmas gives youve recieved in the past here.

as for me.....I'll have to think of one frist.
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

I think the immortal "Socks and Undies" fits into this category nicely.

I also got a Independence day toy from my aunties, when I was around 12, and my toy's age was far over.

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

hmm... My grandma used to do this. Every year they go to this place in Columbus called Penny's outlet. Basically they carry the not so popular stuff that JCPenny's hasn't sold at a ruduced price. That is where she did all her shopping. One year I ended up getting some toy accessories for a toy I had never even heard of. They was these plastic wheels, guns, etc that didnt' fit anything. This was of course when I was younger and played with toys. Now she just asks what people wants
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

In 1978 I recieved a lovely pair of bell bottomed pants and a plaid jacket lol :(
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

For my 21st my uncle bought me a ?20 bar of soap made from Whale blubber or something weird like that.

It's bad because:-

1. It's saying that I am not clean
2. It's SOAP!!!!!!!!!
3. He is rich!
4. It was my 21st which is one of the big ones.

Also any knitted stuff is pretty unwelcome as far as I'm concerned. My grandmother used to knit all these horrible itchy jumpers with animals sewn into the front. I was still getting these when I was 14 :o The worst thing being that I had to wear it on Christmas day to show that "I liked it". Stupid parents!!!! Don't they know that by giving the impression that I liked them, it made her give me one every birthday and Xmas for about 10 years!!!! :evil:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

CoasterKing wrote:For my 21st my uncle bought me a ?20 bar of soap made from Whale blubber or something weird like that.

It's bad because:-

1. It's saying that I am not clean
2. It's SOAP!!!!!!!!!
3. He is rich!
4. It was my 21st which is one of the big ones.

Also any knitted stuff is pretty unwelcome as far as I'm concerned. My grandmother used to knit all these horrible itchy jumpers with animals sewn into the front. I was still getting these when I was 14 :o The worst thing being that I had to wear it on Christmas day to show that "I liked it". Stupid parents!!!! Don't they know that by giving the impression that I liked them, it made her give me one every birthday and Xmas for about 10 years!!!! :evil:
I have a out of town Aunt who used to do that every year. They all ended up going to goodwill. Least I never had to wear any of them
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

hmmm....my aunt got me a birdfeeder one year, it had a bunny eating a carrot on it...i was 13... :(
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

My crappy presents are shit like clothing that I totaly dont like cheap toy when I was 14 years old :( I had stocking stuffers there always like shit like candy or soap. I'm like ohh it just what I wanted. If I wanted it would go get some from my sink. Bad presents are not geting me the one thing i ask for every year cause i only ask for 1 gift a year.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

soap on a rope that had already been used -_- made me want to vomit.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Random_Troll wrote:soap on a rope that had already been used -_- made me want to vomit.
When I was 12 I got a soap on a rope. You know I still have it actually, its hanging beside my fish tank. Not much smell to it though.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Every year, my aunt gives me and my brother $5 in McDonalds certificates. And every year, I come home and throw the certificates in the same box. By now, I'm sure there's probably over $100 of free McDonalds food waiting in that box.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Those, are some pretty "good" gifts, lol. I would see the worst gift I got was when I was in 6th grade, I got about 10 Poke'mon cards from my friend Patrick. I guess it was the thought that counted.
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

For starters, I am against any and all Gift Certificates; while they show more thought than just sending cash/checks, they limit you as to where they can be spent. For example, I got a Hollywood Video gift card worth $5 one year, and a Circuit City Gift card worth $30 the same year but from a different person. While its find and dandy if I wanted to rent a game and there was a local Circuit City, but there isn't. Not only that, I haven't wanted to rent a game in years, and if they both gave cash, that's $35 in one sum that I can add to my current income, or blow anywhere. But nooOOoo....they tell me where to spend it. In case its obvious, I refuse to give Gift cards/certificates for christmas/birthdays.

Another gift I don't like is when relatives give me a game I don't want/like, yet give my brother a game that I've played before and loved. Example: a few years ago my Aunt and her family gave me WCW vs NWO: Revenge for the N64. Problem: I don't like wrestling games at all. Other problem: they gave my brother Guardian's Crusade, which is a game I played all the time when my brother rented it.

I think the worst give I gave my brother was something I bought from him. A weekend job of his is a sort of liquidation center.....they get a bunch of returned/damaged/out-of-season merchandise from places like K-Mart and Target (he'll get wrapping paper in February, for example) and sell it for mega cheap. I'm thinking I bought a stereo from him for somewhat cheap then gave it to him for Christmas as a semi-gift.

As for the soap, I guess I'm glad I've never had to go through that.
soul hunter
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Location: the Hell called Norco, next to the Shining light of Corona. (not the beer)

Post by soul hunter »

I'd probably say the gift Cards.
I have over $100 dollors worth of Target Cards.
That, granted, is a decent amount of money, but the only things I want from target are FAR over that amount.

. . . Who would give some one soap on a rope, . . . and why?

As for games. . . The only games I got as gifts were Zelda and FF series. :D

all in all, the worst gift I ever recived was a pokemon movie sound track. . . .
I still haven't figured out why.
Before you criticize some one, walk a mile in their shoes,
then when you criticize them, you'll be a mile away, and have their shoes.
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

well my aunt used to give me a cup for coffee that said happy b-day all the time, but the funny part is that i enjoyed it :) :) But one year she gave me 2 plastic watches (the ones you get by mail for free) for Xmas and when i saw my causin next to me who had recieved a gold watch from her i just stayed quiet and smiled! i didnt mind because i had lots of good Xmas presents that year like some psx games... ohh ya, i remember my uncle buying me invasion from beyond for psx.... IT IS SUCH A HORRIBLE GAME I PREFFER HOMEBREW GAMES OVER IT!
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I had "GBC game" on my list one year, so my aunt got Zar's Revenge. at least she got me something electronic :D
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

a TEN :wtf: dollar gift certificate for Old Navy. :x
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
VR6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by VR6 »

a DREAMCAST, lol... damn thing didnt last, i just recently got it out for the sole purpose of playing dreamsnes. other than that the console is trash (note: my opinion) but i got to admit, its fun to burn warez and apps for!
VR6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by VR6 »

at the time it was cool as hell though... i'll stick to my xbox and gamecube
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

VR6 wrote:a DREAMCAST, lol... damn thing didnt last, i just recently got it out for the sole purpose of playing dreamsnes. other than that the console is trash (note: my opinion) but i got to admit, its fun to burn warez and apps for!
Do me a favor, ok.....

STFU

Sorry, had to say that. Guess I have a little WhtCastle-itis.