Installing windows 7 on old mac (2006)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ASCIIN
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Installing windows 7 on old mac (2006)

Post by ASCIIN »

Im trying to help a friend install AutoCad on their iMac but it only supports OS 10.8 So i thought it would be a good idea to just do a dual boot win 7 so she could run the windows version, Im not very familiar with mac and apple's documentation is very contradicting (some says it will work some says it won't) Im not sure if its at early,mid or late 2006 all i know its a 20' and its got at dual core 2.26(or something to that nature can't recall it) would i have any trouble using boot camp to install win7 or will i need some work around for the drivers?
<WiLdSeXyPrInCeSs> i luv guyz where would they be wifout us gals???
<XeNoX> Still in the Garden Of Eden you gullible bitch.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: Installing windows 7 on old mac (2006)

Post by |darc| »

ASCIIN wrote:Im trying to help a friend install AutoCad on their iMac but it only supports OS 10.8 So i thought it would be a good idea to just do a dual boot win 7 so she could run the windows version, Im not very familiar with mac and apple's documentation is very contradicting (some says it will work some says it won't) Im not sure if its at early,mid or late 2006 all i know its a 20' and its got at dual core 2.26(or something to that nature can't recall it) would i have any trouble using boot camp to install win7 or will i need some work around for the drivers?
It should be possible to install Windows 7 on it, but you will likely need a workaround for the driver situation. I don't believe Apple provided Win7 drivers for that model. The Vista drivers might work well enough, though. Just use the Boot Camp Assistant from Mac OS X and see what it tells you.
It's thinking...