Bootdreams 1.0.6

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
puckdelicious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bootdreams 1.0.6

Post by puckdelicious »

Hello all.
I've been trying in vain for days now to locate Boot dreams 1.0.6 but I can't find it anywhere. Any of the older versions will do, really. I've been using Boot dreams 0.5.1 ( the only one I can find ) in conjunction with the free trial Discjuggler, and I've gotten nowhere. I'm simply trying to burn a few snes roms onto a blank disc because I have Dreamsnes on another blank disc, and I intend to cd swap.
If, for some reason, that version of Boot dreams is gone, it would be nice if someone could help me out with the 051 version. Wicked annoying. Thank you to anyone who can help me.
Senk
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Re: Bootdreams 1.0.6

Post by Senk »

puckdelicious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by puckdelicious »

Yeah, that's the only exe one I can find, except my anti-virus quarantine's it, so it fails before full download. I'm tempted to uninstall my anti-virus but I'm still reluctant.
puckdelicious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by puckdelicious »

Also, I'm not really a computer guy. I'm able to download the source files from that site though. I don't really know what these files are about. Can I somehow construct that version of Bootdreams with these files?
Senk
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Senk »

You could, but it looks like they were written in Visual Basic 6, which was a commercial programming language. Most likely after building it, your anti-virus software would still complain. I doubt you would find a virus on Google's code hosting site after the last release was two years ago.

If you're afraid, you could always make a small virtual Windows system and install it on there. If it is a virus, it won't ruin your native operating system.
puckdelicious
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by puckdelicious »

Okay, maybe I'll just uninstall it and give it a go. Yeah, that extra window you're talking about, I have no clue how to do that. I just wish I held onto the Boot dreams that I had. I thought it would be around still, so, no big deal.