Rush Rush Rally Racing Test Day

This forum is for the posting of new newsposts, and it stores the site's news and comments archives. Only newsposters have access to post new news in here; if you wish to submit news, please post it in the discussion section for your particular topic. We may choose to move it here as a newspost if we find that it's worthy for the front page.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Rush Rush Rally Racing Test Day

Post by Christuserloeser »

Straight from Senile's website: http://www.senileteam.com/index.html
Yesterday was an exciting day. It was Rush Rush Rally Racing test day!

Although the test machine was a PC, it was connected to a television screen and fitted with Dreamcast controllers to make the experience as genuine as possible. With that setup and a roomful of players, we were able to collect a lot of useful data about many aspects of the game. The reactions were very positive, particularly about the gameplay and the soundtrack. The physics were said to feel impressively natural, and Ben (Senile Team's composer) was called a genius.

Of course some flaws were also found, but fortunately there were no serious bugs and we should be able to work our way through the test results relatively swiftly.
Insane homebrew collector.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Rush Rush Rally Racing Test Day

Post by cube_b3 »

Barely qualifies as news.
Christuserloeser

This is the first time we hear about the game in months. Them testing the game with so many people for six hours straight basically says that they're pretty much done with it.

Also, I choose what I post as news, not you. :P
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0

Post by Sweater Fish »

God, I've been looking forward to this game for so long. I've given up on seeing it released more than once just because it's been so long, but I'm really really happy to hear that it's so close to a release.

Top-down racers are one of my favorite genres, especially when they have the sort of drift physics this one seems to have.

I predict that this will be the best Dreamcast homebrew ever.

...word is bondage...
Guaripolo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Guaripolo »

I predict that this will be the best Dreamcast homebrew ever.
mmmmmmm, NEO/AES4ALL is one of the best homebrew for DC, is some kind of masterpiece, i hope that more of this kind of software appears in Dreamcast.

RRRR looks interesting, maybe they can upload some videos, i want to see it in action!
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Hasney wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:Barely qualifies as news.
Does not qualify as a worthwhile forum post.

I, for one, am happy to see people enjoying the game and also hearing that the game is close to final :D
Christuserloeser wrote:This is the first time we hear about the game in months. Them testing the game with so many people for six hours straight basically says that they're pretty much done with it.

Also, I choose what I post as news, not you. :P
I'm used to my posts being misinterpreted by now.

What I meant was there isn't anything in the test report aside from the fact that it was tested on a computer with DC controllers connected to it and the general population who attended liked it. What the hell!
We hack off limbs and ride fire-breathing dragons in the new Golden Axe.

Golden Axe's triumphant return to the modern era is a vision largely unchanged from the classic medieval brawler. You still run around with a huge sword, unleash magic attacks, and beat up sack-wielding gnomes for goodies. The biggest difference is that cooperative play has been left out entirely; you'll have to slay these dragons alone. We went hands-on with the first level of Golden Axe: Beast Rider today, and it retains the fun, grizzly feel of the original.

Combat is slightly deeper than in the arcade versions of the game. You have two moves for attacks, which can be strung together to unleash combos. You also have a button to block and another to parry. Enemy attacks have a specific color trail that tells you which button to use to counter them. If you can nail the timing, you can dish out some quick, brutal justice.

Magic also makes the transition intact. We came across two different fire spells that made killing much easier. One of them was a fireball that could flow through a line of combatants, lighting them all on fire in the process. The other spat out a circular flame, toasting everyone close to you. Magic is revitalized by sporadically placed portals, so you'll have to use this option wisely lest you run out in the heat of an important battle.

Fire makes another appearance when you ride your dinosaur pal. Like in the original Golden Axe games, you can commandeer a docile beast to help with the killing. You can whip its tail around, charge at unsuspecting foes, and let out a stream of fire. The fire move is particularly satisfying, quickly disposing of enemies who dare try to unseat you from your dino friend.

There is only one playable character in Golden Axe: a woman clad in the type of leather that hides only the necessities. We were told that the designers were going for a "Heavy Metal vibe", and the violent themes combined with the miniscule clothes certainly exemplify this goal. This game does not shy away from gore. You can hack off limbs with ease and even find your own torso cleaved in two if get too low on health.

There is no online play (or multiplayer of any kind), but there are a few extras beyond the main quest. You can unlock different outfits and weapons to use in Arena Mode, which is a nonstop assault against raging enemy forces. From what we played so far, Golden Axe fits nicely in the mindless-violence niche, where extreme violence is unleashed with a minimal amount of effort. Look for the final version this fall on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
This is how a hands-on is suppose to be written.
Christuserloeser

I think you misunderstood... Look, all this newspost says it that they're adding some final polish to the game, straightening out the final bugs and flaws.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Don't worry the Dreamcast version will probably be canceled.
Christuserloeser

[Monkey Island]

Oh yeah ?!

[/Monkey Island]