Simpsons "at least 3 more seasons"

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Simpsons "at least 3 more seasons"

Post by Nico0020 »

damn......quit mutilating my childhood, you killed it a lot time ago.
Don't change that channel yet.

The Simpsons, TV's longest-running American sitcom, is on tap for at least three more seasons, The New York Post reports.

"The cast is signed for three more years, so I would now say it's about a 90 percent chance we'll come back for at least one of those three," Al Jean, the show's executive producer, said. "I actually think it's better than a 50 percent chance we'll do three more years of this at least."

Should the triple renewal follow through, that would put the animated series at 23 years old - raise your hand if you're younger than it! - which would give it sole bragging rights as the longest-running scripted series, of any genre, ever.

At the moment, The Simpsons is tied with 20-season-long Gunsmoke for the honor. You know they totally want to break the tie.

Are you excited to be staying in Springfield? And will The Simpsons ever end?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: Simpsons "at least 3 more seasons"

Post by Eviltaco64X »

They need to stop making new ones.
I can bear the Simpsons still, but it's not at all what it once was.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

At this point, it's almost as if they are making them solely to brag about how long the show is running.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Been thanked: 0

Post by gamedudex2 »

thats good, last season wasnt bad, and this season is fine so far. they just need to improve the scripts and put less focus on homer.

i can see this going beyond the 3 year extension.

still will take a lot longer than 3 years to top gun smoke (episode count wise)

only scripted tv show to beat gunsmoke is wwe monday night raw, which beat gunsmoke last year.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I don't mind. The show has certainly lost a lot of it's magic, but it's still 22mins of acceptable general entertainment every week. It's obviously still getting acceptable ratings so i can't be the only person thinking like this.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

It's amazing how much better those Simpsons episodes are that do not feature celebrities.
Insane homebrew collector.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Christuserloeser wrote:It's amazing how much better those Simpsons episodes are that do not feature celebrities.
I love how they always have to say the full name of the celebrity and what they do. "Hey everybody look it's Michael Myers who played in great movies like the Austin Powers Trilogy and also does the voice for Shrek"

Ok maybe that's not the best example, but you know what I mean.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

If they take The Simpsons off, they'll just give Seth MacFarlane a fourth show. Do you really want that?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

gamedudex2 wrote:thats good, last season wasnt bad, and this season is fine so far. they just need to improve the scripts and put less focus on homer.

only scripted tv show to beat gunsmoke is wwe monday night raw, which beat gunsmoke last year.
Yeah, well, they said it will be the longest running scripted show, not the most episodes in a scripted show.

But yeah, Simpsons is pretty crap now. Though I will admit this year's Treehouse of Horror was better than the past few have been.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

gamedudex2 wrote:thats good, last season wasnt bad, and this season is fine so far. they just need to improve the scripts and put less focus on homer.

I f**king love gunsmoke. Bonanza can suck it.
Christuserloeser wrote:etter those Simpsons episodes are that do not feature celebrities.
I never thought about that, you have a really good point. And making the show around the celebrity usually amounts to crap.
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Wasn't Futurama returning on Air?

Towards the end of that shows life cycle I really started enjoying it.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Futurama just released its 3rd movie. they are showing them on comedy central a while after they release the DVDs. All of them are amazing. In my personal opinion the first is the best one, then the 3rd, and then the 2nd. They are doing 4 total as of now. The writers say if that is all they ever do with the show, then they will be satisfied with that, as the 4th one ends on a "very sweet note".
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

I've only seen the first movie, and it's pretty good.
I myself don't mind them releasing Futurama as a series of movies, they make better stories that way. :D
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Nico0020 wrote:Futurama just released its 3rd movie. they are showing them on comedy central a while after they release the DVDs. All of them are amazing. In my personal opinion the first is the best one, then the 3rd, and then the 2nd. They are doing 4 total as of now. The writers say if that is all they ever do with the show, then they will be satisfied with that, as the 4th one ends on a "very sweet note".
My girlfriend and I are big fans of the series. In way of background, I own the entire series on DVD and have watched every episode at least twice, while she watches reruns on cable all the time.

We've watched all the movies together and for the most part agree in our assessment of each. The first couple fell short but the most recent one feels right.

The first (Bender's Big Score) was OK. It wasn't up to the series, but it was funny and it felt great to see Futurama back. Unfortunately it really lost me with Fry falling love with the narwhal, one of the stupidest plot developments the show has ever done. (My girlfriend is a little more forgiving in this regard). 3 Stars.

The second (Beast With A Million Backs) was just friggin' awful. The main thing we both hate is that Season 4 (extending into Bender's Big Score) was full of sweetness and deep character development, especially concerning the relationship between Fry and Leela. They threw that right out the window here - there's no sense of continuity with the series. Besides that, the humor was pretty stale and the whole "alien cult love" thing fell flat. I lost interest halfway through (something I've never done), and when it was over we were both deflated by how low it had sunk. 2 Stars.

The third (Bender's Game) is great: definitely the best so far, and the closest in spirit to the series. It's like they finally got the formula back to what it should be and I couldn't be happier. The parody wore a little thin, but if thinking of it as an episode rather than a movie flattens out any such complaints. Score! 4 Stars.

Anyways, not to shoot down your opinion. Just offering my own thoughts. In all seriousness, I'm glad you're enjoying them. As good as Bender's Game was, I have high hopes for the next one.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Hmm, Season 20 seems to have some funnier shit to it than the previous few seasons have. Still, it's not at all what it once was.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

impetus wrote:
Nico0020 wrote:Futurama just released its 3rd movie. they are showing them on comedy central a while after they release the DVDs. All of them are amazing. In my personal opinion the first is the best one, then the 3rd, and then the 2nd. They are doing 4 total as of now. The writers say if that is all they ever do with the show, then they will be satisfied with that, as the 4th one ends on a "very sweet note".
My girlfriend and I are big fans of the series. In way of background, I own the entire series on DVD and have watched every episode at least twice, while she watches reruns on cable all the time.

We've watched all the movies together and for the most part agree in our assessment of each. The first couple fell short but the most recent one feels right.

The first (Bender's Big Score) was OK. It wasn't up to the series, but it was funny and it felt great to see Futurama back. Unfortunately it really lost me with Fry falling love with the narwhal, one of the stupidest plot developments the show has ever done. (My girlfriend is a little more forgiving in this regard). 3 Stars.

The second (Beast With A Million Backs) was just friggin' awful. The main thing we both hate is that Season 4 (extending into Bender's Big Score) was full of sweetness and deep character development, especially concerning the relationship between Fry and Leela. They threw that right out the window here - there's no sense of continuity with the series. Besides that, the humor was pretty stale and the whole "alien cult love" thing fell flat. I lost interest halfway through (something I've never done), and when it was over we were both deflated by how low it had sunk. 2 Stars.

The third (Bender's Game) is great: definitely the best so far, and the closest in spirit to the series. It's like they finally got the formula back to what it should be and I couldn't be happier. The parody wore a little thin, but if thinking of it as an episode rather than a movie flattens out any such complaints. Score! 4 Stars.

Anyways, not to shoot down your opinion. Just offering my own thoughts. In all seriousness, I'm glad you're enjoying them. As good as Bender's Game was, I have high hopes for the next one.
I would say your assessments of the films are fairly accurate. I'm not sure I hated the first movie as much as you did, but I would probably agree with your take on the second. Still haven't seen Bender's Game, but if it's as good as you say... I'll have to check it out.

- Fuzmeister
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Roofus wrote:If they take The Simpsons off, they'll just give Seth MacFarlane a fourth show. Do you really want that?

Dear God, no.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Roofus wrote:If they take The Simpsons off, they'll just give Seth MacFarlane a fourth show. Do you really want that?

Dear God, no.
Well if you count the failed sitcom The Winner, the upcoming Cleveland Show will be his fourth show that Fox gave him.

He makes insane money for absolute garbage and I curse Cartoon Network for resurrecting Family Guy's corpse. It WAS a decent show. It was nothing special, but worth a chuckle, but the zombie that walked in its stead is hollow and has been progressively rotting and stinking up the joint.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I can no longer bear the show. Imo, the best seasons were from 1991-1995, especially the one conan wrote.

family guy>simpsons as of late.