Where to find a vmu to pc cable?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Where to find a vmu to pc cable?

Post by cube_b3 »

Yes, I am a little sick of having 20 Vmu's lying around and not knowing which one has what save file in it, it is downright annoying and I have decided that I need to move the VM data to my pc.

HELP!
Last edited by cube_b3 on Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Where to find a dc to pc cable?

Post by Eckostyle »

cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Where to find a vmu to pc cable?

Post by cube_b3 »

I tried google before posting here.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nico0020 »

I searched around for about 10 mins but couldn't find any of them. BTW are you looking for the nexus card that links to the PC that comes with a cable. or are you looking for something that links to any VMU (which i have never seen before)?
*The Cadillac of signatures*
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Well if their is a card (Nexus) that comes with a cable, I will take it and transfer all my data on it.

In this day and age no one uses the Dreamcast online in anycase, even if I manage to get a dial up connection I would still have to figure out getting the wire there.

So I have decided to move all my data on pc as well as the stuff I have to download.

What is the Nexus card?
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

http://www.ncsxshop.com/cgi-bin/shop/DC-4M.html

It is extremly expensive and nothing in the picture indicates how it will connect to the pc.

[uote]Four times the storage space of a standard Sega VMU but without the LCD screen. Using non-volatile uncompressed memory, the Nexus memory card allows users to save data and transfer it to PC as necessary. NCS recommends VMUs which use uncompressed memory to protect data integrity. Save all of your loads and files from various VMUs, downloads, et al into this versatile card.

A PC port (6 pin) on the memory card connects to your PC for uploads and downloads of data to and from your PC.
Where is it, I can't see it.

Look up 4 Meg Memory Link for the necessary cable to connect the Nexus VMU to your computer. Note that this package does not include the transfer cable, only the memory card.[/quote]

So they don't even include the transfer cable.